Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Have we done a pet peeve thread yet? Don't think we have.

1. Walking behind people who walk slow. - You have to pass them and you feel obligated to say something to them...or not.

2. Driving behind people who drive slow. - This time you simply pass their arse no actual contact need be done. Depends on their reaction though.

3. People who drive in the fast lane and won't move. - You pass them in the slow lane and give them the finger version of this...:

4. Stopping to get gas/petrol. - Self explanatory but it's a drag to have to stop from driving to your destination to do this.

5. People who talk to other people in the middle of a shopping aisle. - Don't they know I'm trying to shop! Get the hell out of the way! You have to say "excuse me to walk between them when they're the ones that need to be excused!

6. People who talk to other people in the middle of the hallway at your job. - Grrrrrr

7. Having to stop doing what you're doing to go to the bathroom. - Always happens when you get home with cool packages in your hands that need immediate attention to (like guitars and amps and pedals you just got in the mail).

8. People who talk to other people in the background on the phone line when you're trying to talk to them. -

9. People who eat food while they're talking to you on the phone.

10. Dropping soap in the shower.

Your turn.
    There is a theme in many of your items that has to do with egress, ingress and right of passage. I really agree with you on those. People standing in doorways, in the middle of the hall. When I was single, before kids, soccer parents in minivans who were not driving with purpose and direction, but kinda meandering and half paying attention. Your others mostly deal with unfocused communication. I agree. Not sure what to make of your #10. Not sure what sort of ingress/egress or communication might apply there. :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... I don't have many pet peas... I got cats..

Lets see...
    leaving food in bowls or containers next to the sink instead of scraping or emptying them in the garbage.
    ( I do the cooking and dishes.. )

Half drinks sitting around while others are opened..

Finding the toilet paper roll empty..
    (Especially when its not your home)

welp, thats about it..
    Im retired..im not in a hurry on the road or in stores..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....can't believe a lawyer wouldn't get #10.........:
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

People who get into the "10 items or less" line at the grocery checkout with 20 items in their cart.

Women who insist on blocking the shelves in the grocery store with their shopping carts, and then taking forever to decide which item to pick from the shelf (yes, this is definitely a woman thing!).

Really old people driving cars long after their minds have deserted them (hey, I live in Florida...it's an epidemic here!).

People who run red lights long after they've turned red, like they have some right to do so.

Inconsiderate cell phone users...we all know where and how they're inconsiderate in their use.

Mindless "reality" TV shows.

People who repeat the same bad behavior with the same undesirable results, and then complain to you about it.

Oh yeah, and my standard favorites...

Warm beer and soggy toilet paper...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not. But I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.
    Well, I meet a lot of people, and I'm convinced that the vast majority of wrong-thinking people are right.

Discussing most of my serious peeves would violate the forum rules against political discussions. Racists and homophobes I meet should be prepared to be backed into a corner and administered an angry, chest-poking lecture. Ditto people who neglect or abuse animals in their care. I also get pretty pissed about people who stand on the left side of the Metro escalators--surely DC isn't the only place with a stand-on-the-right, walk-on-the-left rule?--and drivers in front of me who don't pull up into the instersection when waiting to make a left turn, thereby forcing me to wait through another red light.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Walking without shoes on a dirty floor. I hate feeling little specks of dirt and sandy particles getting stuck under my feet! Arrgh!
    After reading this one I just remembered another one...

11. People who video demo effect pedals barefoot! :
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

With socks or without?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Without dude. That's just wrong. What if they sell those pedals someone else is gonna touch feet!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Well, I meet a lot of people, and I'm convinced that the vast majority of wrong-thinking people are right.
    One thing that never, ever fails to not annoy me is when people catch my obscure Monty Python references.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

What about this one?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

How about this one? Playing without pants.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Socks are nominal. As are shorts or short pants. Nekkid toes on future effect pedals are not. For those of you lucky friends that have purchased pedals from me rest assured that my feet were SHOD thank you very much. *bows*

Post Thanks / Like

Have we done a pet peeve thread yet? Don't think we have.

1. Walking behind people who walk slow. - You have to pass them and you feel obligated to say something to them...or not.

2. Driving behind people who drive slow. - This time you simply pass their arse no actual contact need be done. Depends on their reaction though.

3. People who drive in the fast lane and won't move. - You pass them in the slow lane and give them the finger version of this...:

4. Stopping to get gas/petrol. - Self explanatory but it's a drag to have to stop from driving to your destination to do this.

5. People who talk to other people in the middle of a shopping aisle. - Don't they know I'm trying to shop! Get the hell out of the way! You have to say "excuse me to walk between them when they're the ones that need to be excused!

6. People who talk to other people in the middle of the hallway at your job. - Grrrrrr

7. Having to stop doing what you're doing to go to the bathroom. - Always happens when you get home with cool packages in your hands that need immediate attention to (like guitars and amps and pedals you just got in the mail).

8. People who talk to other people in the background on the phone line when you're trying to talk to them. -

9. People who eat food while they're talking to you on the phone.

10. Dropping soap in the shower.

Your turn.
    In other words, Tone hates to wait.

You see, my pet peeve is people who take 10 sentences to pass on 1 sentence worth of info .

In other words, I hate to wait.
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Socks are nominal. As are shorts or short pants. Nekkid toes on future effect pedals are not. For those of you lucky friends that have purchased pedals from me rest assured that my feet were SHOD thank you very much. *bows*

Seeing that shoes are worn outside and probably walk on and have things attach to them like....well, my goal isn't to gross people out, but bare feet on a pedal start looking a little better.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Seeing that shoes are worn outside and probably walk on and have things attach to them like....well, my goal isn't to gross people out, but bare feet on a pedal start looking a little better.
    But did you ever wear crocs and work your pedals. I have. Now I am going to do it to one of your old pedals! Neener, neener.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    But did you ever wear crocs and work your pedals. I have. Now I am going to do it to one of your old pedals! Neener, neener.
    ssssshhhh.. we are not supposed to mention Crocs around T2tb! remember?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

One pet peeve of mine:

When you're in Guitar Center and a pimply faced kid tries to play Slayer riffs on a Fender Twin and a Tele. At full volume. Over, and over, and over again.

Disclaimer: No offense meant to our younger fretters. By virtue of your membership here, it certifies that you are smarter than that.:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Crocs on the muff Steve? Well...it's YOUR pedal now dude I can't do nuffin' 'bowt dat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Pet Peeve,

People who don't pay attention to you when you're talking to them!
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast