Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Ugliest pedal in the world
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugliest pedal in the world

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugliest pedal in the world

Let's see what we can find! This has nothing to do with how good the pedals may be of course! However, some pedals are just plain butt-ugly...

This one got bragging rights:

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it was made by Fisher-Price [they make children's toys for those of you who may not know who they are]
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

And the winner is:

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

ok, i can admit it, i kinda like that one Justa. wonder how the sound is
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    This one got bragging rights:

Geekmcdaddy, who makes this pedal, is a moderator and one of the "gurus" over at the BYOC forums. He's helped me out a couple of times, and is infinitely patient and supportive. His pedals are EXCELLENT, but he definitely goes for visually striking designs that are often garish, like this one. I actually don't find this one all that ugly, though. Whether or not you like the graphics, it's definitely a high quality build & finish. I've seen some in the homemade pedal gallery over at BYOC that would stand your hair on end. Take a homely and insipid design and combine it with shoddy workmanship, and you can get some spectacularly ugly pedals!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not surprised to hear the quality is good. That's why I added the disclaimer in my first message. Ugly can be good! I'd rather have an ugly but good sounding pedal than a pretty but bad sounding one.

What else do we have for ugly pedals?

Dr. Scientist sure makes his pedals stand out...

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm..... maybe nobody else sees it...... but that pedal in Robert's very first post... orange, brown, lime green, and it makes the pedal very easy to read.....granted the dude's pic on it isn't beautiful.
    Now look at the top of this page.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Prompted by this thread topic, I was looking through some of the pedal build pics posted at the BYOC forum during lunch. Many of them are absolutely spectacular; you just can't believe some of the graphic talent that's out there. But you'll also occasionally find one of those "first build" pics that are just plain comical. Of course, nobody says anything derogatory, and just try to be congratulatory and encouraging for someone who's just built their first pedal. Lot's of tongue-biting going on at times, I'm sure!

The only reason I'm posting the link below is that the author specifically made the posting to show the difference betwen his first build and his most recent. The first pedal is on the left in both pics, which should be pretty obvious! Never mind the "finish" on the outside of the first pedal--he basically just labeled the knobs with a Sharpie. It's the "gutshot" that's comical. The term "rat's nest" comes immediately to mind! LOL!

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/boa...php?f=8&t=7495

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I kinda like the geek screamer too! It has an 80's/90's Seattle "Bill Nye the Science Guy" vibe to it. That other one, the super chile, looks like it could open up and enclose some of that peruvian/southern american art.
    A Retablos like this: http://www.indigoarts.com/gallery_peru_retablo1.html You know, those little art boxes with more art inside? There are Peruvian sheep herders up here and this form of folk art is catching some attention around here as a result.

All this makes me want to build a pedal one day. But I can't take anything more on now. I could make an ugly one I am sure, that I would love. Duct tape and elMarko graphics come to mind.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that Geek-screamer is pretty unique. It's clear that it was intentionally designed to shock the potential buyer, and stand out with its gutsy and somewhat ugly appearance. But as OG points out, its design functions pretty well when it comes to "readability".
    The other two by Dr. Scientist are great examples of "eye candy", meant to be both visually appealing and modern/contemporary. I kind of like the Reverberator.

Here's a website with a bunch of odd designs from NAMM show. You can find images of unusual guitars, pedals and amps featured in NAMM shows from 1998 to 2007. Some pieces of gear definitely qualify as UGLY.

http://www.otheroom.com/namm/

Justa, in my opinion, so far you're the winner! I can see the influences of Peruvian folk art which I think is great, but still I don't like it at all on a pedal design.

Just my opinion, as always.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Followed Adrian30's link to THIS. I'm still laughing....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man...I missed that one...that's just bizarre.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Yah, that Metasonix guy names his products in bold ways. Did you read about his latest amp? It has 23 tubes or something like that, and costs 5 grand. The name? Well, it's very offensive so you'll have do a search on Google if you want to find out.
    Here's another one: (hope no one gets offended - if you do PM me and I'll remove the picture!)

Post Thanks / Like

That dude is seriously disturbed. But funny....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    That dude is seriously disturbed. But funny....
    DVM,
    is that a typo? I think you're missing a "t".

Post Thanks / Like

Someone needs an enema....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Someone needs an enema....

LOL!!! Now I need a smiley that spits out his beer/coffee, etc. through mouth and nose while laughing hysterically!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my god, I think I need one of those amps. If I sold my car and didn't buy groceries for a month or so I could afford it. Check it out.

Vast ranges of tone are available from the G-1000. We cannot even begin to explain its flexibility. The G-1000 is NOT intended for middle-aged "tone questers", who believe that they will be able to play like Eric Clapton by simply spending a lot of $$$ on equipment. We HATE those people. The G-1000 is intended for the intrepid experimenter, not the pathetic imitator. Tone questers are invited to DIE.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast