Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Any cooks here?

Post Thanks / Like

hey cb....glad you liked the buffalo....mozzarella melting through the patties sounds great to me...i've had buffalo a couple of times and enjoyed it....having been a chef in a previous life i always enjoy trying new types of food! there is a story floating around somewhere on the fret with my experience with duck tongues on night in nyc....not my favorite food by far....although i really enjoyed ostrich that i had one evening in a cool little restaurant in nyc once.

And kat...that story is great....while i was in the restaurant biz i never had any hair below my wrists....never thought about it until after i got out of the business and the hair on my hands started growing back! I guess putting my hands in 600 degree ovens all the time kept the hair permanently burned off!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    there is a story floating around somewhere on the fret with my experience with duck tongues on night in nyc....not my favorite food by far....although i really enjoyed ostrich that i had one evening in a cool little restaurant in nyc once.
    ww
    Got'cher Food Thread right here! Enjoy .

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=726

It was also mentioned here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1429

it must be that the gastronomic horror that is
    duck tongue has taken over a third of Warren's brain & is forcing him to drown out the tase with single malt.

But I think they first "came up" in this thread with the quaint title:

"102 members and only a few members post everyday?"

which begs: "post peeps post!"

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=691

Warren you should try CB's byproxy recipe. Grind up those waggily little tongues with melting mozzeralla & sun-dried tomato.

Yummmm Duck Tongueburger.

Not grisly at all .
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

pulled this one up b/c i must publicly apologize to Shiner.

he took on [oof, i'm stuffed] the philly cheesesteak tonight.

never done that one before.

he pummeled the ribeye instead of trying to thinly slice it, sort of like schnitzel... [i digress, apologize already]

when we were planning the meal last night, we had a debate about the cheese. he was watching bobby flay and said 'must use cheez whiz'

was my response. provolone.

he did both tonight, and he wins.

and [pats a very full tummy]

he did an Awesome Job.

thanks, Honey.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456