Thread: Steinberger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Steinberger

Has anyone played a Steinberger? What did ya' think?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Never played the "real thing", but I did play one of the "broom" model ripoffs. It was pretty comfortable I thought. I think it was a Cort or Hohner, just messed with it in a pawn shop one day. No one near here ever carried Steinbergers that I remember. I'd like to try one of the transtrem models someday. Oh, well....
    (sooner or later.... I'll find that 'tater........tot: : ).
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one for many years. Great tremolo system. It didn't have the vintage type of sound I want though, so I sold it. Picture of it on my website.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That looked suh-weeet, Robert. You say on the site when you bought it you had an aversion to EMG pickups. What didn't you like about them? Was it just the ones in your Steinie, or EMG's in general. I'm picking your brain 'cause my brother just bought a Fender Tele w/ active EMG's and I liked the sound, plus it's absolutely quiet when you're not playing, no noise at all.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

EMG's in general - I find active pickups to be sounding lifeless. Well, at least that's what I thought back in the day. I haven't tried any since, mostly because I am not interested in them. All the guitar players I pay attention to when it comes to good tone mostly use vintage style pickups, and definitely not active pickups.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha. I thought it might be the changing batteries (or not changing them and showing up to a gig to find them dead...), or some such thing. I haven't paid that much attention....may do a google and see if any big names are using them.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys!

The reason I asked is that I want to get a guitar this year & the thought popped into my head that if I got something like a Steinberger maybe I could take it on the plane & not be stuck without a guitar.

But I would really want a guitar that I would like when at home (hence no travel-types).
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I tryed a Hohner 5 string bass Stein knock off and it was pretty good.
    Knowing that you tune up once and forget about it is a nice advantage.
    I would have to play that thing so high strung though. I like to rest my wrist/arm on the body and that bass has very little body. It's like the heroin version of Kate Moss of basses!
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LowEndWonder
    It's like the heroin version of Kate Moss of basses!
    LMAO! Or Victoria Beckham after an enema.