Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Ravelle players?

Thread: Ravelle players?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ravelle players?

While fishing around for info on a Ravelle , I ran across this interesting sustain gizmo.
    I’m not sure I personally would have a need for “ infinite” sustain, but rock player Dave Kushner gives a cool demo of his signature Fernandes model with the “Sustainer”. Lots of other info on their site too.

http://fernandesguitars.com/rvls.html

I haven’t figured out if this is a specially-designed pickup, or an electronics kit that will work with any pickup.

I really don’t know much about Fernandes guitars, but the Ravelle caught my eye more than a few times.

How’s the build quality/playability? Good enough to be a number-one on stage??

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have a Ravelle Deluxe, which is one of the non-Sustainer models. It comes with Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB pickups stock. Of my "top 5" always-dependable "first tier" guitars, it is the only non-US built (others are two LP's, a '52 RI Tele, and a Hamer Special). It could easily be a person's number one (I intentionally rotate my guitars at gigs). Build, fit, and finish are top notch.

Can't give you any info on the Sustainer. I'd never use one, which is why I got a Ravelle without it.

Reportedly, the Chinese-made ones are actually better than the MIK (production started in China, was switched to Korea for a couple years, then back to China) ones. Mine is one from the first batch of MIC Ravelles. I haven't played any other ones so I don't know how true that belief is, but it seems accepted over at the Fernandes boards.

I got mine for $400 used but minty, on consignment in a local mom&pop.
    Last edited by Brian Krashpad; January 29th, 2008 at 08:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    I have a Ravelle Deluxe, which is one of the non-Sustainer models. It comes with Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB pickups stock. Of my "top 5" always-dependable "first tier" guitars, it is the only non-US built (others are two LP's, a '52 RI Tele, and a Hamer Special). It could easily be a person's number one (I intentionally rotate my guitars at gigs). Build, fit, and finish are top notch.

Can't give you any info on the Sustainer. I'd never use one, which is why I got a Ravelle without it.

Reportedly, the Chinese-made ones are actually better than the MIK (production started in China, was switched to Korea for a couple years, then back to China) ones. Mine is one from the first batch of MIC Ravelles. I haven't played any other ones so I don't know how true that belief is, but it seems accepted over at the Fernandes boards.

I got mine for $400 used but minty, on consignment in a local mom&pop.
    Great info...and that's one fine-looking guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks. I've seen reports of used Ravelles going for under $300 US, which is a great deal. I was hesitant to pay $400 for a MIC guitar (it was tagged at $450) but since I could play it first I changed my mind.

It's the guitar I'm playing in my avatar, btw: