Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Building a Strat

Thread: Building a Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Building a Strat

Hey Guys
    I'm thinking about building my own Fender Strat. Do you think it would be better to buy the bits and get someone to put it together or buy it as a package? If I went the package way can anyone here give me some links to some really decent packages? Like not a cheap one with cheap bits.

Yeah so let me know what you think I should do.

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE
    Music Teach's You Everything School Can't!

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

AMP: Randall RG200G

Post Thanks / Like

Heyyy

Although I don't build strats personally, I have a few friends who do. And know of some people... I guess.

The most common way they do it is buying parts bit by bit because they have their own mm... image of what kinda guitar/strat they want. A certain pickguard, body, neck bolts, etc etc...

And usually from eBay too. I'm not promoting eBay in anyway but I'm just saying that's the place where they usually get their parts. Because if it's the same seller selling the parts you want, I guess you can save on shipping. (Which is mostly the case anyway.)

Post Thanks / Like

Hollar if ya need strat parts pots (genuine fender cts)orange drop caps all colors switch tips(cream, white,black) pup covers (white fender)Some rare elite type knobs (white with black speed rubber grip) Im sure ive got more...For $500 you can throw together a nice usa franken strat!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys
    Cool thanks. What are Franken strats like? I would want it to look like that franken strat up there but right handed with chrome hardware, a white pearl pickguard, maple neck and my SRV pup. And maybe some Seymour Duncans if I can afford them.

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    Hey Guys
    I'm thinking about building my own Fender Strat. Do you think it would be better to buy the bits and get someone to put it together or buy it as a package? If I went the package way can anyone here give me some links to some really decent packages? Like not a cheap one with cheap bits.

Yeah so let me know what you think I should do.

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE
    Built mostly with parts from E-Bay. Fender parts removed from new guitars except for the pickups (custom wound), the bridge (Wilkinson vintage style w/steel trem block), and the neck (licensed by Fender Mighty Mite that I finished).

I don't remember the exact cost, but it was under $600.00.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bloozcat
    Nice guitar man, it looks really cool. Thats a good price to build one at too.

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE

Post Thanks / Like

yea, that looks really nice..

the blue and the wow.. haha
    i wanna try it..