Quote Originally Posted by Dreadman
I made a spreadsheet for the parts and realized it's going to be $170 just for the electronics. Add a chassis, case, speaker & misc. and we're talking $250-$300 for a 1.5 watt amp - unassembled. Too much for me.

If anyone wants the spreadsheet email me (I can't attach an .xlr file here, can I?). Copying and pasting makes ordering parts easier.
Yeah, buying individual parts "a la carte" is rather expensive, but a big part of a project like this is the enjoyment of building it and the satisfaction in having YOUR own amp, when it's done. Not to mention the little sucker sounds great and is very flexible, with all the tube types you can swap in and out. And let me tell you--1.5W or not, this puppy can still be deafeningly loud in a small room! I typically play it with the boost gain at 50% and the main preamp gain at about 15%! Going up to 20% gets me yelled at!

BTW, I have the bill of materials/source/part # info all spreadsheeted, too. If anybody wants it, just shoot me a PM. IMO, this is the ONLY way to go for orders of more than a few items at Mouser.com. They have a BOM import function that lets you just copy part #'s and quantities into their form, and it fills out the entire order for you. Huge time-saver.