Good evening. I'm a new guy.

I'm a retired network engineer. I used to live and work in New York City - where I was born many moons ago. I got my first guitar over 30 years ago - a Korean acoustic - a Lero Model 58. However, life took over and I never got to really take the time to learn properly. My work and family took my time and energy.

Now that I'm a retired guy, I have plenty of free time to devote to music. So I'm relearning the guitar. This time I thought that I would do electric, so I've picked up a couple of guitars. I still have the old acoustic, and it still makes some nice noise :

I thought that I would start at the lower end and not kill my budget. I have the following equipment so far:

1973 Lero Model 58 Acoustic (Korean)
2005 Squier '51 - Black - 7 lbs - named Taka
2006 Squier Standard Strat - Special Edition Cherryburst - 8 lbs - named Yume

GAS for a Squier Affinity Tele in Butterscotch Blonde + Fender Super Champ XD.

Home made Pedal Board
Danelectro Chicken Salad; Fab Chorus, Echo, Flange
EHX LPB-1
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Vox DA-5 in Camo

and

Line6 Toneport KB37
M-Audio BB Pedals; Trigger Finger
<-> MacBook Pro - Garageband / GearBox / Live 6 Lite / Reaper

I've been using Garageband mostly to practice playing along and helping me to learn songs and rhythm patterns. I also practice using just the Vox amp without the effects pedals.

This seems like a nice place - a little different than FDP and the TDPRI or the Fender boards - I'm a member of all of them - same username.

I tend to do lots of research before diving into things. It took me years to pick out my car - it's a 2001 Mazda Miata British Racing Green (BRG) Special Edition - I just love it - it's a perfect match for the roads in Vermont.

I've posted a picture of myself in the appropriate thread. And here is quick shot of my 2 Squiers.

And here's one of my Cherryburst with a Sedona strap that my daughter gave me for my birthday. It is from eyelandenterprises.com.

Hope that this hasn't been too long. Like I said, I'm glad to be aboard.

Gil