Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The Musician's Ultimate Joke Book - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Musician's Ultimate Joke Book

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Q: What did the drummer get on his SAT's?

A: Drool.
    lmao....my roomate (before marriage) is a drummer so i always love a good drummer joke!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    What is brown exactly?...Is it an acronym for edge of breakup? What is the brownest recorded song that you know & I'll listen to it.
    Yeah, exactly--that warm, fat breakup you get from an overdriven Humbucker. I guess we all have our own subjective concept of the term, but I tend to associate it with classic rock of the 70's and early 80's, played on a Les Paul. "Brownest recorded song"? Hmmm, would have to think about that for a while....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Q: You're driving down the road and you see your band's singer and drummer crossing the road just ahead. Which one do you run over first, and why?

A: The singer. Business before pleasure.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Of course there is this old classic...

An accordianist and a 'Bone player do a New Year's Eve gig. After the gig, the promoter comes up and tells them how fantastic they were, and that he would really love to have them return next year if they aren't already booked.

The 'Bone player looks to the Accordianist and says, "Hey that's great! We can just leave our axes here!"
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

"Brownest recorded song"? Hmmm, would have to think about that for a while....
    ZZ Top, Brown Sugar
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    ZZ Top, Brown Sugar
    Actually SS, I'd have to go with either "Mr. Limousine Driver," "In Need," or "Inside Looking Out" off of Grand Funk Railroad's 1969 release, "Grand Funk," although ANY song from that album reeks of brown!

And if bass can have a "brown sound" as well, it don't get any browner than Mel. Schacher simply flat out ROCKS!!! The cool thing is Mel's still got it today. A Zon Sonus4, a Tech21 SansAmp, and an overdriven Ampeg SVT!

Tone Deluxe!!!

Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

I must check out that Grand Funk Railroad album then
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

ZZ Top, Brown Sugar
    Ya know, Swede, ZZ Top was the first band that popped into my mind, too. Tunes like Tush, LaGrange, pretty much anything off Eliminator, etc. The Who could get brown in a big way; Won't Get Fooled Again is a classic brown power chord tune. I just love Pete's tone on that tune and several others on Who's Next. When I figured out how to get some good overdriven tone with the new Peavey amp, that was one of the first tunes I cranked up!!

Another great example of brown, but very different, was the tone Duane Allman got out of that old LP he played. Just gorgeous, both straight up and slide. And EC on the Beano album was brown before any of us knew what to call it!

I still have no idea what I'd call the "brownest" song I ever heard. Not sure that question can really be answered--there are so many different shades of brown!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r_a_smith3530
    Of course there is this old classic...

An accordianist and a 'Bone player do a New Year's Eve gig. After the gig, the promoter comes up and tells them how fantastic they were, and that he would really love to have them return next year if they aren't already booked.

The 'Bone player looks to the Accordianist and says, "Hey that's great! We can just leave our axes here!"
    Q: How do you improve the aerodynamics of a trombone player's car?

A: Remove the "Dominos" sign from the roof.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I must check out that Grand Funk Railroad album then
    Grand Funk @ Amazon

New and Used at under six bucks!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

Post Thanks / Like

Rob, I already found it at the iTunes music store.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great example of brown, but very different, was the tone Duane Allman got out of that old LP he played. Just gorgeous, both straight up and slide.

And EC on the Beano album was brown before any of us knew what to call it!

I still have no idea what I'd call the "brownest" song I ever heard. Not sure that question can really be answered--there are so many different shades of brown!!
    Voodoo, speaking of the Allman's, you want to check out a little late model "brown," look no further than Warren Haynes on Govt. Mule's 2004 release, "Deja Voodoo." Warren pretty much nails "brown" on that one.

You're right about Eric, although wasn't his tone described as "woman tone," whatever that is in difference to "brown?"

Yes indeed Voodoo, there certainly are many, many shades of brown!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

Post Thanks / Like

Q: what's the different between a drummer in a band and a large pizza?

A: A large pizza can feed a family of four.

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Voodoo, speaking of the Allman's, you want to check out a little late model "brown," look no further than Warren Haynes on Govt. Mule's 2004 release, "Deja Voodoo."
    Geez, I'll have to check that out, what with Warren and his band being nice enough to name it after me!

You're right about Eric, although wasn't his tone described as "woman tone," whatever that is in difference to "brown?"
    The "woman tone" is mostly associated with the Cream days. I always thought of his solo on the first song of the "Fresh Cream" album, I Feel Free, as epitomizing that sound. From what I've read and experimented with personally, it's achieved (or at least approximated) by turning the treble control to it's lowest setting on an overdriven neck humbucker. I'll bet running it through a big ol' late 60's vintage Marshall stack doesn't hurt, either!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Rob, I already found it at the iTunes music store.
    Hope you're diggin' it man!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

Post Thanks / Like

The "woman tone" is mostly associated with the Cream days. I always thought of his solo on the first song of the "Fresh Cream" album, I Feel Free, as epitomizing that sound. From what I've read and experimented with personally, it's achieved (or at least approximated) by turning the treble control to it's lowest setting on an overdriven neck humbucker. I'll bet running it through a big ol' late 60's vintage Marshall stack doesn't hurt, either!!
    Made a little "woman tone" of my own. Recorded using my LP and Delta Blues set up as described above. Sounds pretty close, to me. Any of you recognize that last little 9-note riff? Winner gets to answer the bonus question!

Attachment 153

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Any of you recognize that last little 9-note riff? Winner gets to answer the bonus question!
    Sounds a tad bit like Spoonful.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm . . . is it "Rollin' & Tumblin'" - Fresh Cream?

BTW - Your "woman tone" is spot-on, bro'. Nice. That amp appears to be working well for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds a tad bit like Spoonful.
    Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Hmmm . . . is it "Rollin' & Tumblin'" - Fresh Cream?
    Uh-uh.

I'll give you a hint--it's from Disraeli Gears.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast