Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The Musician's Ultimate Joke Book - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Musician's Ultimate Joke Book

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how about "Sunshine of Your Love" . . . ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Well, how about "Sunshine of Your Love" . . . ?
    Nope. You're just guessin', now!

Hint # 2: Clapton sings lead on the tune.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r_a_smith3530
    Hope you're diggin' it man!
    Yeah, I really liked it.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Made a little "woman tone" of my own. Recorded using my LP and Delta Blues set up as described above. Sounds pretty close, to me. Any of you recognize that last little 9-note riff? Winner gets to answer the bonus question!

Attachment 153
    C'mon, you guys! It's a little obscure, but not that hard! It's the main, repeated riff in the tune. Plus, I'm dyin' to ask that bonus question!!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Winnah . . . .

OK Voodoo - I'm gonna buy me a bulldoog . . . it's Outside Woman Blues!!!

Do I win the luxurious Chrysler Cordoba, with rich Corinthian leather??

Post Thanks / Like

OK Voodoo - I'm gonna buy me a bulldoog . . . it's Outside Woman Blues!!!
    "...and if you lose your woman, please don't fool with mine!"

Ladies & gentlemen, WE HAVE A WINNER!!

What could be more appropriate than a little "woman tone" in a song with a woman title??

Do I win the luxurious Chrysler Cordoba, with rich Corinthian leather??
    Believe me, if it we're mine to give, it'd be yours. How about a genuine simulated photo of Ricardo Montalban getting frisky with Tattoo??

And now, the bonus really-weird-Cream-trivia question:

Also on the "Disraeli Gears" album is a song entitled SWLABR. The title is an acronym, not a word. What does it stand for? And no fair Googling!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

And now, the bonus really-weird-Cream-trivia question:

Also on the "Disraeli Gears" album is a song entitled SWLABR. The title is an acronym, not a word. What does it stand for? And no fair Googling!!
    I forget the exact acronym, but it's something about being like a bearded rainbow, and I believe it was Clapton's idea. All I can say is that he must've been smokin' some good sh*t at the time!

I wonder if that's where Sabbath got the Nativity In Black idea from?
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

So back to the tread topic...

What did the Greatful Dead fan say when he ran out of drugs?

This band sucks!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    So back to the tread topic...

What did the Greatful Dead fan say when he ran out of drugs?

This band sucks!
    And...why are mandolins better than banjos?

They burn longer!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

I forget the exact acronym, but it's something about being like a bearded rainbow, and I believe it was Clapton's idea. All I can say is that he must've been smokin' some good sh*t at the time!
    Close enough! It stands for the song's original title, She Walks Like a Bearded Rainbow. But as I understand it, it was a Jack Bruce/Peter Brown tune and Clapton thought the title was too weird, and so they shortened it to the acronym.

Last Cream trivia question: Where did the album title Disraeli Gears come from??

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

And...why are mandolins better than banjos?

They burn longer!
    Q: What's the difference between a mandolin and an onion?

A: Nobody cries when you chop up a mandolin.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Cream trivia question: Where did the album title Disraeli Gears come from??
    One of their roadies acidently said "disraeli gears" instead of "derailleur gears"when they were talking about bikes....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

She Walks Like a Bearded Rainbow
    ok....anyone know what was meant by bearded rainbow?

winner gets a set of vip passes to my first gig

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    One of their roadies acidently said "disraeli gears" instead of "derailleur gears"when they were talking about bikes....
    Exactly right! You must have found the same web page that I did!

The SWLABR thing is old info, but I had never heard about the origin of "Disraeli Gears" until I stumbled across it last night on the web....

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    ok....anyone know what was meant by bearded rainbow?

winner gets a set of vip passes to my first gig
    Rumor has it that it stems from Disraeli Gear's producer Felix Pappalardi drawing mustaches & beards on photos of a girlfriend he had recently broken up with. Poor old Felix had his share of "female trouble", huh? Especially on 4/17/83....

So where & when for this first gig, Warren??

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me, if it we're mine to give, it'd be yours. How about a genuine simulated photo of Ricardo Montalban getting frisky with Tattoo??
    Pass. But since you've mentioned tatoos, how about we all enjoy a nice pic of Ms. Angelina Jolie's rather provacatively placed body art . . .

You're all welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

She didn't used to have those and I told her specifically not to get them. Want to know where her birth mark is and what it looks like?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    She didn't used to have those and I told her specifically not to get them. Want to know where her birth mark is and what it looks like?
    No, but I am curious about what you've been smoking/drinking/snorting/injecting.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Hell yeah Nelskie thanks for the gratuitious tat shot of my baby Angie......
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Spud, whatever you told her went out the window after she and I downed a bottle of 1800 Anejo Tequila doing body shots on the beach. She bet me I couldn't name all of the original members of the Eagles. Ha! Small potatoes as far as music trivia is concerned (thankfully, she didn't ask me what SWALBR meant!!!) I told her if I did, I could pick out what what I wanted to tattoo on her, and where. If I couldn't, vice-versa. Her only request was that it be tasteful. Anyways, I saved Randy Meisner for last, just to play up the suspense a bit. All things considered, I think I made a pretty good choice, don't you?

And the birthmark? Near as I could tell, it was a tiny sea-horse, right by her . . . . . . . ? 'Course, I'd drank a half a bottle of top-shelf tequila, so things were a bit "hazy", if you know what I mean?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast