Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Musician's Ultimate Joke Book
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Musician's Ultimate Joke Book

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Musician's Ultimate Joke Book

Took my son w/ me to today over to the local Guitar Center to pick up a couple of cables for my new amp, and he spotted the above titled book and had to have it. We've already gotten the $10 purchase prices back in belly laughs. Here's one that tickled me:

Q: What do you call somebody who hangs out with musicians?

A: A drummer.

More to come. Many, many more....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Q: How many drummers does it take to put in a lightbulb.

A: None. We have machines to do that now.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Q: How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. The piano player can do it with his left hand.

And while I'm at it, let's not forget us guitarists:

Q: What do you call a guitar player with no girlfriend?

A: Homeless.
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; March 25th, 2006 at 08:13 PM.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Q How many guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A Eight, one that changes the light bulb and seven that says that they could do it better.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Q How many guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A Eight, one that changes the light bulb and seven that says that they could do it better.
    How long does it take a guitarist to change a lightbulb?

...2 minutes per bulb and 3 days spent looking at the hue of the of the bulb and wondering whether he should put the GE Reveal back in or spring for a high quality NOS Sylvania 60 Watt.

I'd be playing my guitar right now, but ya'know those cheap production 60 watters have a harsh yellow hue to them & I am to busy fiddling with the dimmer switch to see if I can bring down the yellow without making the whole room too dark & muddy looking!

Post Thanks / Like

Q - Why are so many guitarists jokes one liners?

A - So the rest of the band can understand them.

Q - What's black and blue and laying in a ditch?

A - A guitarist who's told too many drummer jokes.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    How long does it take a guitarist to change a lightbulb?

...2 minutes per bulb and 3 days spent looking at the hue of the of the bulb and wondering whether he should put the GE Reveal back in or spring for a high quality NOS Sylvania 60 Watt.

I'd be playing my guitar right now, but ya'know those cheap production 60 watters have a harsh yellow hue to them & I am to busy fiddling with the dimmer switch to see if I can bring down the yellow without making the whole room too dark & muddy looking!
    I'd go florescent for the reliabilty, but they always look sooo florescently.

Are there any good hybrid incandescent/florescent bulbs? I am also in the market for a good flourescent modeling bulb, particularly if it can model a good handwired boutique bulb.

....ooooohhhh, look at the *SATURATION* when I crank the dimmer!
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; March 26th, 2006 at 12:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go florescent for the reliabilty, but they always look sooo florescently.

Are the any good hybrid incandescent/florescent bulbs? I am also in the market for a good flourescent modeling bulb, particularly if it can model a good handwired boutique bulb.

....ooooohhhh, look at the *SATURATION* when I crank the dimmer!
    There are some good modeling bulbs, but they usually get their color saturation from prefiliment clipping, for true rich color saturation you have to overload the filament itself!
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; March 26th, 2006 at 12:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some good modeling bulbs, but they usually get their color saturation from prefiliment clipping, for true rich color saturation you have to overload the filament itself!
    By the way, does anyone know of a good 30 watt bulb that can achieve color saturation at low light levels? I'd like to use it in my bedroom without disturbing my wife.

Post Thanks / Like

Supposed I want to overdrive the filament in my bulb, I looking for smooth, rich, and creamy color saturation. I've heard that there are devices that will boost the power to the bulb. Is there any point to paying the premium for a two filament all incandescent boost? Or will a cheaper florescent booster work just as well?

Post Thanks / Like

tot_Ou_tard, perhaps you should check out the kind of bulbs they use on fotball arenas. Very cozy light from those. I think you can get away with a 1500W system before the wife wakes up
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Whhoooaaaa!! 1500 watts of pure bulby hue!!!!

--With this bulb I get no blazing solos

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooohhh, the *GLOW*!

Post Thanks / Like

Supposed I want to overdrive the filament in my bulb, I looking for smooth, rich, and creamy color saturation. I've heard that there are devices that will boost the power to the bulb.
    i think you are looking for the bad "moon"key device....produces a nice warm glow...especially around harvest time.

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait until a hot day this summer, when everybody is running their A/C. The power company won't be able to keep up, and a "brown-out" will occur. Brown is good. Very, very good. Guys pay big bucks for brown!

AAMOF, iit get's much browner around here, I don't know if I will be able to take it....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

What is brown exactly?...Is it an acronym for edge of breakup? What is the brownest recorded song that you know & I'll listen to it.

I've spent my life enjoying music, but it wasn't until I started to play that I realized that I hadn't a clue about music. Never heard of a single coil or a humbucker before last fall and I *think* I understand what strat quack means. I play my fat strat like SD in the 2 & 4 notch & say to myself is that a duck? I think that's a duck.

Tele twang is easier.

Quak, quack, twang, twang...

'tard

Post Thanks / Like

You heard about the drummer that locked his keys in his car?
    He had to break a window to get the bass player out.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    You heard about the drummer that locked his keys in his car?
    He had to break a window to get the bass player out.
    LOL,,I know a couple people that will really enjoy that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Q: What did the drummer get on his SAT's?

A: Drool.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast