Ok, so a no doubt remember the last thread I posted like this, debating a Deluxe Players, Lonestar, and a MIM Standard. I got the Standard, took it back (the frets were all screwed up) and ordered a Lonestar, which I won't see until the next production lot is released from Fender in March.

Well, birthdays being the things they are, another dilemma has thus surfaced:

Another month wait for the Lonestar, and with credit I have towards that, along with gift cards and a few expendable dollars, I find myself only $175 short of a brand new American Standard Stratocaster. Mind you, that's before haggling is taken into the equation; I can probably get that down to the low $900's or thereabouts if I bring up (and milk) the fact that the Lonestar was supposed to come in within 10 days, not a month and a half (not their fault, but still....it's leverage).

So the question is, what would YOU do? Between the two, would you get an American Standard, or get the Lonestar and have most of the money towards a Fender Blues Jr. amp (which I also want). I've never had a US made guitar before, always wanted to get one, and it IS coming up on my 20th anniversary of playing. However, a nice guitar (w/ Texas Specials and a Pearly Gates humbucker) and a Blues Jr. ain't so shabby either. Hmmmm.......