Thread: Acoustic Pickups

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acoustic Pickups

Any recommendations on acoustic pickups....I currently have a Taylor 510 with a Martin Thinline in it. Outboard I have the Fishman Pro-EQ Preamp.

I've been to Shoreline and leaning toward B-Band....

Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks
    paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WelcomeBack
    Any recommendations on acoustic pickups....I currently have a Taylor 510 with a Martin Thinline in it. Outboard I have the Fishman Pro-EQ Preamp.

I've been to Shoreline and leaning toward B-Band....

Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks
    paul

In follow up to this thread, does anyone have experience with the simple sound hole pick-ups for adding on to my old Joshua. I don't think it is worth having a luthier put a nicer pick-up in this guitar, and the purpose would be mostly for recording into Garageband for practice, etc, and maybe to strum along with a group of guys here locally, down in the drummer's basement music room.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Dean Markley soundhole pickup that I used on my ol' 12-string back in my younger daze. I thought it had a nice rich tone to it. No volume nor tone controls but got the job done.

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    I had a Dean Markley soundhole pickup that I used on my ol' 12-string back in my younger daze. I thought it had a nice rich tone to it. No volume nor tone controls but got the job done.

Trev

Hey great! That's what the local shop has and was suggesting. And that's all I need for what I want right now, just something to get the job done simply. Thanks.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb What About...

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Hey great! That's what the local shop has and was suggesting. And that's all I need for what I want right now, just something to get the job done simply. Thanks.
    Hmmm, just a thought here. The pup I had was NOT an active one. Not sure if that will make a big difference when running to your computer or not. You might need a preamp and/or a DI box inbetween to get enough signal to your line-in.

I haven't tried recording with my computer yet, so I might be blowing smoke. Just thought I'd throw that out and see if anyone with more smarts might comment

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5