Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Less is more - sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Continuing with the less is more theme, here's one of my favorite guitarists Guthrie Govan playing some beautiful note combinations and not a shred lick in sight!
    Another fine example of just how good Guthrie is. On the Asia and GPS records he supports the songs very well even though he has the ability to play all over the place. He's what I would call a great musician. Even though he can totally shred he usually plays in the correct context of a song and very tastefully too.

Strum
    They are common because it is the backing tracks people they are supporting. The room obviously is where the studio is for the backing tracks company.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Actually I was so impressed with the quality of the backing tracks being advertised in these videos I went ahead and purchased the Contempoary Blues bundle. And you actually get tabs for all the improv in Guthrie Govans promo videos - what a bonus
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Actually I was so impressed with the quality of the backing tracks being advertised in these videos I went ahead and purchased the Contempoary Blues bundle. And you actually get tabs for all the improv in Guthrie Govans promo videos - what a bonus
    That is pretty cool. The backing tracks are awesome and if you work intensivels with them you will get a good benefit! By the way, the Guthrie video is darn good. It's strange to see Guthrie play that way without all the notes, but he does a great job here. One of the greatest players around, no question.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12