Thread: Tremolo - what a beautiful effect

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tremolo - what a beautiful effect

I love tremolo. It's an effect that so darn pleasant to play with.

I have a cheap Ibanez TL-5, which does sound really good, except when there some gain in the signal. It works best with clean tones.

I think I got a lot of inspiration for the tremolo effect from listening to John Hiatt albums.

I am looking forward to the new Cool Cat pedals - I have a Cool Cat tremolo pedal on order. Hope it's a good one.

There's some interesting comparisons of tremolo pedals in the Feb issue of Guitar Player too.

Anyone else here a tremolo effect lover?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

of course I love tremolo, i'm a marc ribot fan afterall. he uses a lot of it in his work with tom waits, and in many other projects as well. he makes excellent use of it.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

It's the only modulation effect I've used for years. If that Cool Cat sounds anything like the Dano Tuna Melt it'll be a winner. Now that was one of the world's great musical bargains.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I also love tremelo. And I also have the Tuna Melt, and think it's a good unit for the money. Keep us posted on that Cool Cat trem when it arrives, Robert, and let us know how you like it. I handle my Danelectro pedals with care...... mine are in good shape, but I've seen a lot of them with the control knobs broken off.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal