Thread: Jipes, I just checked out your Myspace page

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jipes, I just checked out your Myspace page

I finally got around to reading your introduction and your mention of your side project caught my eyes. You stated that your side project is instrumentals; I also do home recording and I also try to create instrumentals. So I decided to take a listen to your Myspace page.

I have to tell you that I absolutely love your instrumental music. I find them beautiful, melodic and haunting. I really like the way you use harmony, for example in "Pourquoi Why." Another thing I noticed is that you like to end your music without resolving, leaving the feel of the music suspended in the air.

Beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot Aeolian, your words are really touching I'm not at all a very good musician but I try to somehow express what I feel deeply inside that's probably why most of my compositions are a bit nostalgic.

As for resolution I don't really notice This composition seems to come from somewhere above I usually record them before the magic is gone because I don't really know how long it will last !

I just started to record some more with a saxophone player it should appear somewhen on the Myspace .

Thanks again for taking your time stopping by my page :

Jipes

BTW do you have a page where you have some samples of your music ?
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I listened to your clips too and yeah I agree that "Pourquoi Why" is haunting and ethereal. Really neat stuff. I personally enjoyed "Les Rives du Gange"...very tasteful and great sound on that track.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    I listened to your clips too and yeah I agree that "Pourquoi Why" is haunting and ethereal. Really neat stuff. I personally enjoyed "Les Rives du Gange"...very tasteful and great sound on that track.
    Thanks a lot as for Why it has been composed partially thinking of the death of Chris Whitley

For Les Rives du gange you know what I don't even know any longer how to play that song, I have to try it again and check the right open tuning. Ihave a tendancy to get lost with open tunings. Right now I'm experimenting a D7/4 open tuning from Kelly Joe Phelps wonderful things are poping up in my brain
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes
    BTW do you have a page where you have some samples of your music ?
    I'm having problems with my Internet provider so my webpage is messed up right now. They tell me it will be fixed in the next 48 hours. I'll let you know when it is operative again. Thanks for your interest.

Post Thanks / Like

OK Aeolian keep me informed
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jipes, I just remembered that some of my music is on Box.net, the only thing is I don't know whether the following link will only work because I'm logged on. But try this:

http://www.box.net/files#0:f:3453710

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    Hey Jipes, I just remembered that some of my music is on Box.net, the only thing is I don't know whether the following link will only work because I'm logged on. But try this:

http://www.box.net/files#0:f:3453710
    Unfortunately it ask me my personnal login
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    Sorry, I was afraid that may happen. Here's links to each individual piece of music, I sure hope this works:
    Thanks for the links Aeolian : It's a nice bunch of Ambient music tunes it's most of the times very peaceful and relaxed groove

My favorites are:

Quest as for the melody and the great first part really a very nice mood unfortunately I don't really dig the chorus not really fit with the rest as far as I can judge but this is also a matter of personnal taste

Takeout I really like the long vibrato sound and the Dick Dale influence it sounds quite good, again the drum set is maybe not the best. I like when you double the notes it creates an exotic effect quite nice

The Sleepwalk is great also reminds me of Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant songs the backtrack is not really groovy but you're doing a great job on guitar (few mistakes but who doesn't )

This are of course only my opinion and not at all criticism but rathe honestly what I notice

Jipes
    Guitars:

Amps: