Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Video Throwdown

Thread: Video Throwdown

Post Thanks / Like

Default Video Throwdown

Some of you will guess my identity from this post but that's fine with me. I took on a new username for this forum just to make it fresh and also more guitar-applicable. Ahem...

Anyway, I didn't see a thread like this and thought this might be the right category to add it - The Fret.net Video Throwdown invitation!

I have a couple websites and have a hidden page where I accumulate guitar videos from youtube www.mytowntennis.com/tf.htm

If you take a look you'll find two video players. Top is for anyone here at The Fret - if you have guitar videos on youtube let me know and I'll add one to the group player. Currently showing are some of mine - I'm a beginner, obviously, and a couple from guitar buddies I met at other forums. I think it is a cool way to get to know each other, kind of like photos only better!

The video player on the bottom is just a collection I threw together.

I hope you will visit and help me create a custom guitar video journal!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

You can use any of my videos from http://www.youtube.com/user/rotren if you want.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That is really great stuff there BB ! thanks for sharing !
    Nice playing BTW.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Robert - I looked at a bunch of your videos - awesome playing. Saved several to my folders. I could not find them in my folders afterward so that I could add them to the TF video player. Youtube advised that individual video settings (designated by creators) can prevent them from being added to other folders. Do you know anything about this? I was going to put two in the group player as an example of your playing. Hope I can do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

cool site, fell free to use mine. Link is in my signature.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Cool site and a great idea to collect the videos on an external site. I saw lost of Metallica vids - very good!!!

Feel free to use my videos too for your site.
    http://youtube.com/youngblueproductions

Greetz
    Jimi
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Some of mine are in english Feel free
    http://fr.youtube.com/jipes
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

ah....the website was a dead giveaway....you are my finger picking guru from the washburn forum....Skip
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

BeaterBoy, what videos did you pick? I can go and look at the setting for those videos and see if there's anything preventing them from being used.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Great response. I will work on getting your videos added to the custom player over the weekend. Lev, I see no signature for you and so I cannot find your videos. Robert - the two videos I selected finally appeared in my guitar buddies folder. They should appear in the group video player soon - I am finding youtube slow handling these changes. To the rest of you.. thanks very much for participating. I will get each of you represented in the group player! Kazz - thanks for the nod but noone should ever call me a guru of any kind - I'm just a hacker in the trenches, beginning a long and satisfying journey!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok - Robert, Jimi and Jipes - I have added one or two videos from each of you to the group player at www.mytowntennis.com/tf.htm Robert, your videos are fine and both appeared in the player - youtube is just slow to make them show up. Jimi and Jipes, sometime later tonight or tomorrow, examples of your excellent work will appear.

Who's next? Cmon... it's time to throw down!

I don't understand why my signature is not showing up in the forum?
    Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool BB! I like watching that Blackbird journey. I may have to try returning to fingerpicking a bit and try it out.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I think it needs to look like this
    (URL="www.mytowntennis.com/guitar.htm"]www.mytowntennis.com/guitar.htm[/URL) inside the " " will be the displayed text.
    except replace the opening and closing (, ) with square ones [, ] and it will look like the following

www.mytowntennis.com/guitar.htm

from you can use this button and paste the url into it,

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ted - got the link right! SVL - glad you like the Blackbird journey series. Having fun with it. LEV, figured out I needed to activate or "show" signatures to see my own and everyone elses, including yours. I have watched your videos and added my favorite to the group player - Pink Floyd baby - nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

ya, nice Floyd work Lev ! : : one for each thumb !

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Job BeaterBoy it looks really great
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like it jipes - enjoying the particpation by everyone here and hope more will chime in.