Thread: ot: Pwned (speeding ticket content)

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation ot: Pwned (speeding ticket content)

So I got a speeding ticket 10 days or so ago.

Super ironic since my wife is the one who likes to drive fast. So I figure I'll just pay the ticket with a cashier's check and she's none the wiser, because otherwise I'll never hear the end of it. But I needed to wait until payday (today) so as to not make any suspicious withdrawals from the bank.

Today she calls me on my cell, laughing her *** off.

"So, speed demon, when did you get the ticket?"

The freaking sheriff sent some follow-up form to my house, and she got the mail.

D'oh.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't pay it. You always fight a speeding ticket no matter how good or bad your record is. They will always settle for less and you can usually get away without points.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Today she calls me on my cell, laughing her *** off.

"So, speed demon, when did you get the ticket?"

The freaking sheriff sent some follow-up form to my house, and she got the mail.

D'oh.
    That's funny.. I don't care who ya are.. that's funny

Busted!!

:

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

she would have found out anyway because soon your mail will be bombarded from driving schools....i did an online one....cheap and didn't have to leave the house

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    Don't pay it. You always fight a speeding ticket no matter how good or bad your record is. They will always settle for less and you can usually get away without points.
    No, hiring an attorney would cost far more than the cost of the ticket. I know, I am an attorney. And I know enough not to try and represent myself.

Besides, if I do some stupid online traffic school they reduce the cost of the ticket and maybe also the points.

Besides: I did speed.

It's a fair cop!

Post Thanks / Like

Besides, if I do some stupid online traffic school they reduce the cost of the ticket and maybe also the points.
    don't get too excited about the reduction of the fine...i think mine was reduced 6 dollars (seriously)....but it did cancel the points....the online thing is a joke ....you basically finish each section in 5 minutes but then have to keep your browser window open till the clock for that section ticks down....usually 15-30 minutes for each section....i just surfed the forums while i did the online class! :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Besides: I did speed.
    Atta Boy! THAT's Rock and Roll!

Super funny that you got caught by Mrs. KP That otta teach ya! Weemens are way smarter than uz cavemen give them credit for.

Pay it, take your lumps and buy Mrs. KP some flowers or take her out for a nice dinner. She deserves no less for stickin' with a lead-foot punk a$$ rocker like you :

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

It's a fair cop!
    . . . but society is to blame.

Agreed, we'll be charging them too.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha. That's funny. At least she was laughing instead of lecturing.

It's refreshing to see someone that's willing to "do the time". Ya screw up, ya pay, ya move on. Good attitude Brian.
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

I didn't hear ya, there was something bluesy in my ear

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, pay it and more on.

It's been some time since I got a ticket and the last time it was three in one week. I guess I scored a hat trick that week.

Speeding
    Running a stop sign
    Running a red light

a very expensive week indeed.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadman
    Ha ha. That's funny. At least she was laughing instead of lecturing.

It's refreshing to see someone that's willing to "do the time". Ya screw up, ya pay, ya move on. Good attitude Brian.
    I've always thought that people need to take responsibility for their actions. Obviously I'd love to have that extra dosh in my pocket but if I'd have been more careful, I would have.

I'm just glad the missus is being cool about it. I can take being called "speed demon" a few times, I deserve that much. I'd forgotten that she'd gotten a speeding ticket last year herself, so we have a "kettle/pot" situation. :