Thread: What high end instrument cables are you using.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What high end instrument cables are you using.

Ok im planing on buying a few high end cables from lavacable.com.Just curious what some of you are using.Please those with the pro quality stuff reply only.(No!! George l's,Mogami ,Monster are not high end )

I like the Zaola silverline.Any ideas/opinions on benefits of all silver as opposed to copper or alloy or a mixture of.

Please no opinions on whether you think high end cables are a waste of money, a ripoff, no benefit over $10 cable etc.etc..Please start your own thread .Thank you!
    Last edited by mrmudcat; February 16th, 2008 at 12:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The only high end cable I've got is a Fender with "4 Way Differential Cable Architecture". I have no idea what that means and furthermore I can't tell any difference. As good a cable as any though. Certainly sturdy. It was around $40 for 10' and is the "Acoustic model" cable. They offer acoustic, electric, bass and one or two more but I couldn't tell ya what the difference is. I think part of that price is for the box it comes in. VERY sturdy cardboard with a window and magnetic closures. Clearly not intended for cable storage though, just an overly nice packaging.

Most of my cables are older, low to mid-priced and I often have to try a few to find the non-scratchy ones so I'll be watching this thread too.
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

I didn't hear ya, there was something bluesy in my ear

Post Thanks / Like

Yea ive got a bunch of old stuff Dread that has lasted longer than any of the newer mid grade stuff.I bought some new fenders that just came out and already having short problems 2 out of the 3.I also bought some of the bullet cables and same thing.(we are taliking living room use: )Im done with the $30-50 range and really must upgrade.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Lavacable, baby! Check out www.lavacable.com - really good quality cables.
    I use Mogami 2524.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 2 Bayou cables a few months ago based on reputation from other users and I have been very happy with them. You can pick from different grades of straight or angled jacks (you can specify each end) and they come in lots of colors. Hand built by a person in Louisiana and the candy he threw in the package is a personal touch.

The only thing is I can't seem to find his website right now, I wonder whether he is still building cables.

p.s. I must have had a brain cramp, because his website is:
    http://www.bayoucables.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks brother^^^^^ im going to give a few of these a spin!!!