Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Another WGF refugee. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another WGF refugee.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Washburn crossover

Hi all. I've been lurking in the shadows for several weeks. After seeing a lot of familiar names, I decided (with a prod from Strumsalot) to introduce myself. I go by the name of Murph, I live in southeastern Wisconsin. I'm retired so I find time to see if I can reintroduce myself to my guitars. My first guitar was a Fender accoustic. I gave my electric Danelectro to my grandson to get him started. Since then I got a Fender Telecaster, a Washburn D10 A/E and a
    Washburn EA20 A/E. I stopped playing for a few years and I'm finding my fingers don't move the way they used to, but I'm progressing.

Murph

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome.
    Don't forget to pay the Washburn immigrant tax. See Robert for that.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Welcome Pike! Glad to make your acquaintance and nice to have you here.
    Maybe I'll go ahead and ask you a question right away, seeing the guitars you have listed above. I would like someday to upgrade my acoustic, and love the sound of a rosewood and spruce dread. I would love to get the tones of a HD-28V (http://www.thepodium.com/mp3s/MartinHD28V.mp3) without spending that much. (Not that I am buying any time soon).

I have played a couple of Guilds in shops that had some of the warmth I was looking for, and also really like the sound of the Larrivee D-03R. (tjcurtin1 shares my opinion of this guitar in this tread, last post: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5207) I was thinking there may be a Takamine and/or a Yamaha out there to check out.

Here is a link to a thread where I was asking the same of some of your other expatriates. http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=4210 See posts #7 and #12 in thread. Have any thoughts for me? We could pick it up in one of the above linked threads. Nice to have you here and thanks for joining in.
    Thanks Steve, good to know you. I gotta tell ya', my '98 Westerly built Guild D55 is a spectacular guitar, easily the equal to any Martin rosewood dread I've played. The sound is clear, articulate and loud, no mud at all. 25.75" scale, nice full neck, plays like butter. My Susie likes the sound of it over all my others, except for maybe my Cherokee. Some of the folks at the Guild forum call the sound of them "Majestic". I have to agree. I also had a Tacoma built D55, and although nothing to sneeze at, it wasn't what the Westerly is. The Tacoma built D55 now belongs to someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ratbag!
    Great to see you over here (there was definitely something missing).
    ... and continuing from another OT thread somewhere in cyberspace ... (with that incredibly hairy sporran) was your Great Uncle Tom of the Victorian Era?
    Cal

Baby Principle: ..If it stinks, change it...
    Guitars: ..Washburn D13S + Washburn R308S..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Hey Ratbag!
    Great to see you over here (there was definitely something missing).
    ... and continuing from another OT thread somewhere in cyberspace ... (with that incredibly hairy sporran) was your Great Uncle Tom of the Victorian Era?
    Heh Heh, thanks Cal, love you too. Yes, Uncle Tom was later 1800's. Neat pic eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pike
    Yes, Uncle Tom was later 1800's. Neat pic eh?
    Quite a popular type of pic for that era (of course no one would know outside of Scotland!), but definitely neat.

Seeing this is the "get to know you" section of the forum... what about posting Oor Tam up here? :
    Cal

Post Thanks / Like

Quite a popular type of pic for that era (of course no one would know outside of Scotland!), but definitely neat.

Seeing this is the "get to know you" section of the forum... what about posting Oor Tam up here? :
    How's the pic entry work? Oh, OK, file exceeded limit. Dang, I'll get it later on.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see you Pike :

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Gal
    Nice to see you Pike :

GG
    Nice to see you too GG, say, how's that F52SW treating you?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to TheFret, Pike! Sounds like you're a veteran Washie and already have many friends here. Hope you make many more! :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Welcome to TheFret, Pike! Sounds like you're a veteran Washie and already have many friends here. Hope you make many more! :
    Thanks duhvoodooman. Happy to have made your acquantance!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Uncle Tom Cal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve, good to know you. I gotta tell ya', my '98 Westerly built Guild D55 is a spectacular guitar, easily the equal to any Martin rosewood dread I've played. The sound is clear, articulate and loud, no mud at all. 25.75" scale, nice full neck, plays like butter. My Susie likes the sound of it over all my others, except for maybe my Cherokee. Some of the folks at the Guild forum call the sound of them "Majestic". I have to agree. I also had a Tacoma built D55, and although nothing to sneeze at, it wasn't what the Westerly is. The Tacoma built D55 now belongs to someone else.
    Welcome Pike & murph!

How much do such guitfiddles go for?

Great photo there! I've got scottish ancestry, but I've never seen a pic. I'll have to ask around to see if we have something like that!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Uncle Tom Cal.
    Brilliant! Thanks Pike. :
    Cal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Welcome Pike & murph!

How much do such guitfiddles go for?

Great photo there! I've got scottish ancestry, but I've never seen a pic. I'll have to ask around to see if we have something like that!
    Thanks for the welcome tot_Ou_tard. You can pick up one with a little wear for around a grand, a decent one for around 1500 give or take.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, another Washburn refugee!

Was there something akin to a potato famine over there at Washburn?

Just kidding, of course. All fretters welcome! Enjoy yourself here Pike. :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Wow, another Washburn refugee!

Was there something akin to a potato famine over there at Washburn?

Just kidding, of course. All fretters welcome! Enjoy yourself here Pike. :
    Heh Heh, great way of putting it. Thanks for the welcome Bloozkat.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Pike, I'd been wondering where you'd gone, suspected it would be here!

Good to see you onboard .

Most of us have been pretty good over here, haven't gotten booted yet : !!

Then, again, there's Shiner and his photo of naked tractor guy-----

But, they seem to tolerate us "Wash-outs" OK, so stick around!

Dugly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YerDugliness
    Hey, Pike, I'd been wondering where you'd gone, suspected it would be here!

Good to see you onboard .

Most of us have been pretty good over here, haven't gotten booted yet : !!

Then, again, there's Shiner and his photo of naked tractor guy-----

But, they seem to tolerate us "Wash-outs" OK, so stick around!

Dugly
    Thanks Dug, will do. Heh heh, nekked tractor guy's over here too? Gotta love the shiners, just super folks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast