Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
"Free" CD

Thread: "Free" CD

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Free" CD

I picked up a copy of Bobby "Blue" Bland's "Live on Beale Street" at a library sale. I listened to it once and it is pretty good, but not really my thing. The disc is great shape, it looks almost new with a few light scratches.

I tell you what, make a $5 donation to TheFret and I'll ship it for free.

First come, first served. US and Canada only for right now.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Just made a $20 donation so anyone who wants this shout out loud and pm tung ive got it already!!!!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Just made a $20 donation so anyone who wants this shout out loud and pm tung ive got it already!!!!
    : Nice.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Bump.

Nobody wants a free CD? :

:

tung

Post Thanks / Like

CD is gone, thanks Strum.

tung

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

tung,

I recieved the CD today and I'm listening to it as I type this. Good stuff, I will play it in my sound studio (car) on my way to work and get a better feel for it. I usually listen to a new CD 4 or 5 times straight to get a good feel.

Thanks tung.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    tung,

I recieved the CD today and I'm listening to it as I type this. Good stuff, I will play it in my sound studio (car) on my way to work and get a better feel for it. I usually listen to a new CD 4 or 5 times straight to get a good feel.

Thanks tung.
    You're welcome. Glad it is in good hands.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we had a decent snow storm last night and today so I had an hour and 35 minute drive in to work to listen to the CD. Nice CD, but for you familiar with Bobby "Blue" Bland, what the he11 is that noise that sounds like he's getting ready to shoot a luggie? I'm assuming that it's him using doing it. He uses does it in almost every song.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Yes thats him trying to clear his throat for lack of a better description.I'm not sure if he has always been doing this or if it is something that has happened over time and in later years!!: They refer to this as his pig snort???:
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

At first I thought it was one of those things that has grooves in you rake a stick over (don't know the name but the think it was used a lot in Can't You Hear Me Knocking by the Stones). Then I realized it was him clearing his throat or giving an emphatic growl.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Your thinking of a washboard brother!!!

Ripped from Wikipedia;

The washboard and frottoir are used as a percussion instrument, employing the ribbed metal surface of the cleaning device as a rhythm instrument.

As traditionally used in jazz, cajun, skiffle, jug band, and old time music, the washboard remained in its wooden frame and is played primarily by tapping, but also scraping the washboard with thimbles. Often the washboard has additional traps, such as a wood block, a cowbell, and even small cymbals.

Conversely, the frottoir dispenses with the frame and consists simply of the metal ribbing hung around the neck. It is played, also with thimbles, but with much more strumming than tapping. The frottoir, also called a Cajun rub-board or Zydeco rub-board, is a mid 20th century invention designed specifically for Zydeco music. It was designed in 1946 by Clifton "King of Zydeco" Chenier, and fashioned by Willie Landry, a friend and metalworker at the Texaco refinery in Port Arthur, Texas. Clifton's brother Cleveland Chenier famously played this newly designed rubboard using bottle openers. Likewise, Willie's son, Tee Don Landry, continues the traditional hand manufacturing of rubboards in his small shop outside of Lafayette, LA.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

No, it's a wooden thing that's usually the size of a deflated football and you rub a stick along the ridges that circle the width of the instrument.

Boy, I cannot think of an easy way to describe this thing. I've seen Stevie Nicks play one, but of course I couldn't find a picture.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

HHHHHHMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,,,,,cabasa, quiro or some other form of latin percussion im sure
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

I think you might be referring to a Güiro.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea thats it Rocket I spelled it wrong!
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I think you might be referring to a Güiro.
    My Momma always said "Stultus est sicut stultus facit".
    She was funny like that.

Post Thanks / Like

yep, that would be it.
    Mark