Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
One for my unplugged friends
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One for my unplugged friends

Post Thanks / Like

Default One for my unplugged friends

These look interesting

http://www.ernieball.com/news/280/

Got to love ballz:
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    These look interesting

http://www.ernieball.com/news/280/

Got to love ballz:
    It really looks like the Elixir Strings that i'm using (same gauge) interesting do you have an idea of the price ?
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry brother was just hunting new Namm gear and found these!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter I will try to check what it will cost, that might be an altrenative to the expensive Elixir Strings
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes
    Doesn't matter I will try to check what it will cost, that might be an altrenative to the expensive Elixir Strings
    They are titanium so I doubt they'll be less money but they'll probably last for years.

Too bad titanium rusts so quickly.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Too bad titanium rusts so quickly.
    Titanium rusts ?!? Please tell me more, it's the first time I hear that.

Post Thanks / Like

Titanium does not rust as it contains virtually no iron and is not subject to oxidation, (which is what rust is... iron oxide).
    Titanium also does not tarnish or corrode... also non ferrous, non-magnetic.

Post Thanks / Like

Magnesium

Zinc

Aluminum

Mild Steel

Lead

Tin

Nickel

Brass

Copper

Nickel

410 Stainless Steel

Titanium

304 Stainless Steel

Silver

Gold

Platinum

Order of metal/alloy that corrode the fastest.Top is fastest.

Although one of the softest alloy it is stain free,stronger,lighter than regular stainless steel. Can handle over 800 degrees for those who are so fast they set the strings on fire or pull a Jimi:

I wouldnt say spuds is wrong,maybe mistaken which we all make mistakes fo-sho.

This caught my eys also any opinions??B.S. or legit.

"Enhancing the inherent string quality and freshness is Ernie Ball's new string packaging - the company's first new string packaging concept in more than 45 years. Produced and now hermetically sealed into their packages at Ernie Ball's desert headquarters in Coachella, CA, the Slinky Acoustic strings are exposed to minimal moisture and humidity from factory to retailer - ensuring that all strings are as fresh upon opening as they were the day they were made."
    Last edited by mrmudcat; February 24th, 2008 at 12:29 AM.
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Titanium does not rust as it contains virtually no iron and is not subject to oxidation, (which is what rust is... iron oxide).
    Titanium also does not tarnish or corrode... also non ferrous, non-magnetic.
    That's what I thought too, but I've already been wrong once in my life so I'm willing to doubt...

So Mud, what does corrosion on titanium look like?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

In most cases it is rust resistant, but some alloys will rust. It depends on what metal is mixed in with it. So the statement of titanium doesn't rust is true, but if mixed with other metals the probability increases. Since we are talking guitar strings, I would doubt (but not positive) that they are pure titanium.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Corrosion shown happened when an aerospace alloy (titanium - 6 aluminum - 4 vanadium) was used instead of a more corrosion-resistant grade of titanium.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Corrosion shown happened when an aerospace alloy (titanium - 6 aluminum - 4 vanadium) was used instead of a more corrosion-resistant grade of titanium.
    I've been in the aerospace business for 26 years (yes, I started when I was 10) things like this is why I remain to have a fear of flying. Plus I've seen what goes on at large assembly sites for commercial jets - take the train.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch. Where the hec is our machinist .....hes usually here late night Rocket nice to see ya back:

Thanks strum Ill be screaming your name next time I fly and hit some of those high altitude speed bumps!
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Rocket nice to see ya back
    Thanks MudMan. Heh-heh... Rockette said same thing about my front!
    I'll be off again in couple weeks. Enjoy the turmoil!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm impressed... Did that part break from the corrosion (missing section of outer disk) or is the corrosion visible in the ''inner", unbroken ring?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spt
    I'm impressed... Did that part break from the corrosion (missing section of outer disk) or is the corrosion visible in the ''inner", unbroken ring?
    It may have a bushing in it and that could be the point where the corrosion started.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Strum. I guess I'm trying to find what titanium corrosion looks like...

Post Thanks / Like

Titanium corrosion looks very similar to aluminum corrosion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spt
    Thanks Strum. I guess I'm trying to find what titanium corrosion looks like...
    http://met-tech.com/motorsports.htm
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast