Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Walter Trout

Thread: Walter Trout

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walter Trout

All you blues aficionados out there might enjoy Walter Trout. A pretty good album to start with would be "Deep Trout." Funky, heavy, acoustic, soulful singing. He does it all. Released 2005.

Delbert McClinton also released "Cost Of Living" in 2005 as well. Great to jam with because guitars are sparse.
    Last edited by Spudman; March 31st, 2006 at 11:10 AM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    All you blues aficionados out there might enjoy Walter Trout. A pretty good album to start with would be "Deep Trout." Funky, heavy, acoustic, soulful singing. He does it all. Released 2005.
    Funny, bought this album 2 weeks ago.

Great Music! My favourite songs: If you just try!
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Good recommendation! I've got some Walter Trout I grabbed off the net back when Napster first got big. I've got several tunes from Life in the Jungle and Prisoner of a Dream. My favorite is a live performance in Denmark of Serve Me Right to Suffer that really smokes. Apparently, Walter has been much bigger over in Europe than he here in the US. I guess he played with Canned Heat and John Mayall many moons ago....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I recently heard Deep Trout. I'd have to add my recommendation here. Great stuff, although I don't know why he is so anxious to kill the Monkey.

...he is baaaAAAaaad I've heard but why kill the cute li'l chimp?

On the other hand I also recently heard some Gary Moore....eh....not so good. It sounded a little processed to my ears. He wins the sustain contest hands down though. The Dead can make a concert out of one song (I like the Dead--deal with it!). Big whoop! Gary can make one out of one NOTE.

Post Thanks / Like

I've also been listening to ZZ Top Rancho Texicano (the best of...). Brown sauce, yummmmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

Next up the Flower Kings Flower Power...I know that they have a fret following.
    I can't wait to hear them.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Unfold The Future and Rainmaker and Adam & Eve and the new one Paradox Hotel. I checked in today and I'll be staying for a while. The bar is stocked and they have big screen.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Unfold The Future and Rainmaker and Adam & Eve and the new one Paradox Hotel. I checked in today and I'll be staying for a while. The bar is stocked and they have big screen.
    So these are better than Flower Power Spudsy? Or p'haps we should call you Sudsy, I don't think that bar'll be well stocked for too much longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Soooo, which one to start with?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh & Sudster, try not to be too hard on your bleem, you might be one next life.

Post Thanks / Like

<----Whoa! I just noticed that I've made it to Senior Member Status. It don't take much young'uns, jes a wacky happy typin' finger.

^
    |

See, a piece o' nonsense like this might even be enough to put you over the edge!