Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

How to make waterslide decals - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make waterslide decals

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure your graphics have at least a 300dpi resolution...

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

So whaddo I do when there's actually some font that I wanna put my decal over? I have an epi LP, and It says it right there on the Headstock. I wanna cancel out Les Paul's Signature and make something cool. I know. Kind of a plan, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robert_the_rocker
    I wanna cancel out Les Paul's Signature and make something cool.
    les paul is the man....thanks to him you have solid body electric guitars...multitrack recording, etc. that's pretty cool!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Well yeah, I know, but, I don't really like how he writes his name on his guitar. I really do wanna make something cool there. I know he's amazing, but...It's like the Zakk Wylde FX pedal. he's cool and all, but, I don't want his signature on it...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

: :

Post Thanks / Like

The supreme printer is (I forget the name) the very expensive type that can use metallic ink cartridges. These run in the $500-$2000 price range and are the only way to get real silvers and golds (like many guitar manufacturers use). You can kind of fake it with an inkjet though.
    I have 2 of these printers (Alps) and have been in the decal business for about 5 years so if anyone needs decals with any color including white ,silver,gold let me know.
    also if you need a decal for a dark background ,I can underlay the image with white first so the decal is opaque. I work with illustrator files but almost any file will do. I can also work from ideas and create the design/font if needed.

I don't have enough time right now to "open shop" fulltime but have no problem creating decals for the members here, as a way of saying thanks for the great company.

thanks ,Andy
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I have 2 of these printers (Alps) and have been in the decal business for about 5 years so if anyone needs decals with any color including white ,silver,gold let me know.
    also if you need a decal for a dark background ,I can underlay the image with white first so the decal is opaque. I work with illustrator files but almost any file will do. I can also work from ideas and create the design/font if needed.

I don't have enough time right now to "open shop" fulltime but have no problem creating decals for the members here, as a way of saying thanks for the great company.

thanks ,Andy
    Andy, I've got a Squier Strat that one of the previous owners removed the headstock decals on. Could you possibly make me a decal for the headstock? I was thinking something along the lines of "Fender Strat-O-Blaster" or something similar. It may have started as a Squier, but it's going to be a lot better by the time I'm through with it.

If you can do it, what would you charge? I'd be glad to pay you for your time. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. :

Post Thanks / Like

No problem,I have to reload some software from a bug I picked lately than I'll just offer a whole sheet of the "Fender style" logos, (because there are so many possible variations).ofcourse I can create whatever wording someone may like.

With all the strat builds people are doing ,I've already had a few requests.
    I'll post some examples when it's ready. I figure $10-$15 range for a set
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robert_the_rocker
    So whaddo I do when there's actually some font that I wanna put my decal over? I have an epi LP, and It says it right there on the Headstock. I wanna cancel out Les Paul's Signature and make something cool. I know. Kind of a plan, huh?

The signature is under a clearcoat ,It would be hard to cover over without ..looking cheap like a sticker.
    to do it right you would have to sand the headstock, repaint it, apply decal(s) ,than clearcoat. thats alot of effort.
    But,If you decide to go thru with it I'll make you a decal

Post Thanks / Like

I finaly ran a low quality test print today, is this something that would fit the bill? I can also change any of the colors ect..( Like purple Fender..hehe) or ofcourse gold to silver.
    I intentionaly missplaced the "F" for the test print.
    I won't do exact copys of the real thing, for example I can make the "F" correct and change "stratocaster" to "stratoblaster" or something along those lines.

also if anyone is needing a different decal/logo/effects box decals...let me know.I also do vinyl and custom vinyl masking for those guitar painting projects.

Last edited by Andy; December 4th, 2008 at 12:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Man Andy, those look great :
    But I'll no longer need your services...Id planned on buying an Allparts neck for my partscaster, but instead I scored a Jimmy Vaughan neck at a great price...so I wont be needing the graffic wed spoke about previously, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

ShortbusX- thats cool no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an example of how good Andy's decals look:

Andy did a great job, if it's positioned wrong or not quite the right size, then blame that on me. I think Andy did a GREAT job! If anybody needs a good replacement decal, then Andy is da man!!! :

Post Thanks / Like

Great job with the decal , you made it It blend in beautifully !!
    Did you find it easy enough to work with?

:

Post Thanks / Like

Great job with the decal , you made it It blend in beautifully !!
    Did you find it easy enough to work with?

:
    Not too bad, 'course I screwed up the first one. So, this is the second attempt. I let the first one curl up by pulling off instead of sliding it directly off the backing onto the head. It was fairly easy though.

I put a couple of coats of clear on the head first, using a 0000 grade steel wool to smooth it out between coats and before I applied the decal. I then put 3 light coats of clear on top of the decal, again lightly smoothing it with the steel wool after each clear coat. This also helped to blend in the decal area with the original finish. Overall, I'm pleased! Good work Andy! :

Post Thanks / Like

What about PAF decals ?
    " Over the Pond Guy " M69 rings & PAF pickups @ OverthePondGuy@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks ,Andy
    Hey Andy!
    Ok My first post here I found this excellent forum by googlilng for ALPs printing of decals and found this post. Im a Graphic Designer/Drummer and I have a client who has commisioned me to create some graphics for her Bass and I had planned on creating waterslide decals of the art which I have done in the past but as we all know without a white underlay the decal art wont "POP" if the body color is too dark. Her paint color isnt all that dark but the graphic is prety light and Im looking for someone who can print the art out on decal paper with a white underlay using an ALPS printer

Im interested to know if you still do this and how much would you charge? The art is 300DPI and 10.313" x 10.113"

See the attached photo:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great thread!

I will do this someday! Thanks so much, you guys, for the thread w/great instructions!
    (p.s. I jes' do not like bare headstocks, there's always room for a tongue-in-cheek, DIY logo)!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadman
    Here are a few shots of the Strat-O-Killer, actually taken before the logo was put on. No real bearing on this thread, I'm just a little proud of her.

they are really great!! I like them!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast