Thread: How to make waterslide decals

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

The supreme printer is (I forget the name) the very expensive type that can use metallic ink cartridges. These run in the $500-$2000 price range and are the only way to get real silvers and golds (like many guitar manufacturers use). You can kind of fake it with an inkjet though.
    I have 2 of these printers (Alps) and have been in the decal business for about 5 years so if anyone needs decals with any color including white ,silver,gold let me know.
    also if you need a decal for a dark background ,I can underlay the image with white first so the decal is opaque. I work with illustrator files but almost any file will do. I can also work from ideas and create the design/font if needed.

I don't have enough time right now to "open shop" fulltime but have no problem creating decals for the members here, as a way of saying thanks for the great company.

thanks ,Andy
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I have 2 of these printers (Alps) and have been in the decal business for about 5 years so if anyone needs decals with any color including white ,silver,gold let me know.
    also if you need a decal for a dark background ,I can underlay the image with white first so the decal is opaque. I work with illustrator files but almost any file will do. I can also work from ideas and create the design/font if needed.

I don't have enough time right now to "open shop" fulltime but have no problem creating decals for the members here, as a way of saying thanks for the great company.

thanks ,Andy
    Andy, I've got a Squier Strat that one of the previous owners removed the headstock decals on. Could you possibly make me a decal for the headstock? I was thinking something along the lines of "Fender Strat-O-Blaster" or something similar. It may have started as a Squier, but it's going to be a lot better by the time I'm through with it.

If you can do it, what would you charge? I'd be glad to pay you for your time. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. :

Post Thanks / Like

No problem,I have to reload some software from a bug I picked lately than I'll just offer a whole sheet of the "Fender style" logos, (because there are so many possible variations).ofcourse I can create whatever wording someone may like.

With all the strat builds people are doing ,I've already had a few requests.
    I'll post some examples when it's ready. I figure $10-$15 range for a set
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy

thanks ,Andy
    Hey Andy!
    Ok My first post here I found this excellent forum by googlilng for ALPs printing of decals and found this post. Im a Graphic Designer/Drummer and I have a client who has commisioned me to create some graphics for her Bass and I had planned on creating waterslide decals of the art which I have done in the past but as we all know without a white underlay the decal art wont "POP" if the body color is too dark. Her paint color isnt all that dark but the graphic is prety light and Im looking for someone who can print the art out on decal paper with a white underlay using an ALPS printer

Im interested to know if you still do this and how much would you charge? The art is 300DPI and 10.313" x 10.113"

See the attached photo:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great thread!

I will do this someday! Thanks so much, you guys, for the thread w/great instructions!
    (p.s. I jes' do not like bare headstocks, there's always room for a tongue-in-cheek, DIY logo)!