Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi all

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Matt! There's a nice bunch of Folk here... I think you'll like it!
    Cheers
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I found this site via Robert's Dolphinstreet site. I first took up guitar in grade school, but dropped it when my parents wouldn't let me have an electric but my cheapo acoustic was like playing a cheese slicer. I also hated the awful books my instructer insisted on using to teach me.

When I was a senior in high school, I picked up the bass and played that through college and grad school. When I finally got my master's, I sold it. Dumbest move I ever made.

About four years ago I picked up a used Charvel Model 7 (tele-style with an aftermarket Hot Rails at the bridge), a Peavey Blazer 158, and a Zoom 505II. In May of last year, I saw that Musician's Friend was blowing out their Fender Showmaster Celtic H's for US$249 (original retail was US$899), so I snagged one. It is infinitely better than my Charvel which has now been relegated to "dust collector." In November, I picked up the Vox Valvetronix AD30VT for US$239.

Right after Christmas I bought Doug Marks' Metal Method course along with the Classic Metal Licks DVD and SRV Style DVD. Good stuff. I've probably learned more from that in less than a year than I have from anything else over my lifetime. I like 80s-era metal and the blues.
    Felt I had to go back and comment on my welcome post. The only piece of equipment that I mentioned that I still own is the Zoom 505II and the only reason I have that is because my son gave it back to me. Honestly, the only thing I miss is the Fender. I wish I hadn't sold it, even though it did net me my Jackson. It was probably the nicest playing guitar I've ever owned. Just wish it had a neck pickup.

The Model 7 was good in theory but a disaster in practice because of how its original owner mauled it. The Blazer was an amp I bought because I had to have an amp NOW and couldn't wait for the next day when the good music store was actually open. The Vox taught me which amp types I actually like and what effects I needed.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

3. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I kinda like this memory lane stuff!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, very nice to read vintage posts!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12