Thread: New Valvereactor type amp.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Valvereactor type amp.

I saw this mentioned on the Valvetronix thread in the Fender Forum.

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/pro...s/g2/index.asp

Post Thanks / Like

Randall amphs? Gimmie a break they're 80's amphs trying to pretend they're Peavey amphs trying to be tube amphs.

Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

The newer Randall amphs with the plug in amp modules are really quite good. They are all tube. Mike Stone from Queensryche uses them. I've heard the amp up close while he was playing and it sounds really good. They are pretty pricey though. BTW...the new Queensryche album "Mindcrime II" Comes out in the USA April 4.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Mindcrime II oh hell yeahhhhhhhhhh.....!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Mindcrime II oh hell yeahhhhhhhhhh.....!
    Unfortunately, the inital reviews I've read are not positive.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Well it would be tough to come up with something similar or even better than Mindcrime thats for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Unfortunately, the inital reviews I've read are not positive.
    If I had a dollar for every time a music critic has panned what I thought to be an excellent album, I'd have enough bone$ to buy me a a warehouse full of vintage gear.

Do you ever remember a Grand Funk album getting a lot of critical acclaim? How about Black Sabbath? And KISS - sheesh, critics hated them. But hell or high water, it was the fans and music that pushed these guys to stardom, and I don't doubt for a minute that it will be the same for MCII.

All things considered, I tip my hat to Queensryche for their efforts in putting together a sequel for one of hard rock's most provocative, and best-selling albums. Knowing fully that it will be under everyone's microscope is a huge risk from a commercial standpoint. But musically, it shows a great belief on the part of the band in their creative and singing / playing abilities, and that I most certainly have to applaud. That's what being in rock n' roll band is all about - not pandering to the critics.

And me, I'll fork over my $13.99 at Best Buy tomorrow for Operation: Mindcrime II without even the slightest bit of care of what any critic has said, or will say about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    If I had a dollar for every time a music critic has panned what I thought to be an excellent album, I'd have enough bone$ to buy me a a warehouse full of vintage gear.

. . .

And me, I'll fork over my $13.99 at Best Buy tomorrow for Operation: Mindcrime II without even the slightest bit of care of what any critic has said, or will say about it.
    These aren't "professional" critics, but fans of Queensryche over at the Metal Method forums. I've heard "I'm American." The track is not bad, but Geoff isn't singing like he used to. Not even close. Unfortunately, I hear that the entire album is like that.

Full disclosure: "Operation Mindcrime" is my favorite album of all time.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

It is 20 years later and sure Jeff sounds different. So what! If you take the album as it is and stop comparing it then it is a fine sequel. This album grows on me with every listen. They did some things very cleverly on it. Initially I thought "eh, so what. No big deal." Now after several listens I don't think that anymore and it is gradually unfolding like the first one did. Just differently is all.
    I've had the album for 2 weeks now and it gets better every listen. That is the mark of a good album for me. I get goosebumps on some of the songs because of the story content and the incorporation of musical themes from the first Mindcrime.

Want to know for yourself if it is good? Buy it, listen to it a lot then tell us what you think.
    Yes I'm a hard core fan. I've hung out with the guys, pimped Eddy for a spot in the band and my wife has the Tryryche tattooed on her shoulder along with Jeff Tate's autograph. She lived in Seattle and hung out with the guys there. Is it Mindcrime I? No. Is it a good sequel? Yes.

The point is that Randall tube amphs sound great.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Randall makes tubes amphs now? And Marshall makes SS amphs? Where the hell have I been?