Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I'm looking into a new bass

Thread: I'm looking into a new bass

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm looking into a new bass

yeah, with my current heavy metal band, I've been thinking of getting a second bass, something that can punch thick, beefy tones out with tons of muscle,also to act as a backup, this isn't a definite thing I'm just looking, so far I find I like the epi t-bird, I know I don't care for epi basses, but I tried one out, and it's really pretty nice, I especially love the body, so far I have about $500 canadian and I've been thinking of one of the SX P-bass copies they've got for about $110 US, the band also thought of getting an ultra cheap ebay bass to be signed by the band, and then smashed at the end of the gig, the pieces of which to be sold,after which the hardware is scrapped and a new neck and body are made, but I kinda want a keeper, any other suggestions for a good semi-cheapie?
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

I think most guitars would be worth more without my signature on them.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Smashing guitars .. ?!

Why not just human sacrifice then ?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Second Bass....

Quote Originally Posted by pie_man_25
    yeah, with my current heavy metal band, I've been thinking of getting a second bass, something that can punch thick, beefy tones out with tons of muscle,also to act as a backup, this isn't a definite thing I'm just looking, so far I find I like the epi t-bird, I know I don't care for epi basses, but I tried one out, and it's really pretty nice, I especially love the body, so far I have about $500 canadian and I've been thinking of one of the SX P-bass copies they've got for about $110 US, the band also thought of getting an ultra cheap ebay bass to be signed by the band, and then smashed at the end of the gig, the pieces of which to be sold,after which the hardware is scrapped and a new neck and body are made, but I kinda want a keeper, any other suggestions for a good semi-cheapie?
    Just get a Fender Precision MIM for about $450.00 USD.
    Slap a set of D'Addario Chromes on it in the 45-65-80-100's and you'll have all the BEEF you could handle. A PORTERHOUSE! Just don't go smashing it! :
    Also the Squire Vintage 70's P-Bass TB. I have one and it's a bottom MONSTER! I have to turn the bass down on my amps with this bass because I fear it puts out too much BEEF! I lowered the pickup significantly, and it still throws a lot of air. That one is $279.00 USD. Here are pics of both basses.....
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard really good reviews of the Squier Vintage P. The SX basses look cool. I'm thinking of getting one like this best-of-both worlds model and swapping this bridge in. No reason other than to see what it sounds like.

Keep us posted!
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I liked the fender standard P, but unfortunately after taxes it's a bit over my price, the squier tele-bass looks nice, but I haven't tried playing it yet, anyways, I think I'm just going to finish making my bass before anything else, I'll probably make it like a jazz bass special, PJ combination, jazz body.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Have you gone over the Ibanez models Pie? I can't say I've had much experience with bases, but the models from the past were good values. You certainly could find one in their lineup that matches your music 'Style' wise.

Good luck with your search.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus