Thread: Baritone guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baritone guitars

I just got the new (April 2008) Guitar Player & there is a very cool roundup of baritone guitars.

I love ingenuity in the often staid guitar business. I've never thought about baritones before, but I realized that they might be perfect for those of us who play alone at home because we can slink down into the territory that is usually pwned by the bassist.

Has anyone here played a baritone?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I was very closed to buy a Fender baritone it was a great guitar with nice touch and easy to play I still don't really know why I didn't got that one :

Maybe due to my wife assesment "No more space for additionnal guitars"

But this Fender was a great choice specially for The T birds rockin' shuffle

Jipes
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Danelectro baritone. I think it's the Hodad model. I don't really play it that often but it is cool for chord/melody jazz. I think they sound cool in a country context playing a solo way down low.
    Patrick