With the story out this week about a continuing decline in CD sales, (heck half the kids don't even buy CDs anymore) it got me thinking about how I personally listen to music.

I have purchased a number of digital downloads...and I don't like them. To me the audio sounds inferior, and I miss the artwork and liner notes. Most of what I listen to these days is on CD, but I'd like to get a decent turntable to revisit some great classic rock and fusion records I have in the collection.

How many of you still do at least SOME listening on vinyl?

Bloomberg News / February 27, 2008
NEW YORK - US consumers spent 10 percent less on music in 2007, reflecting declining purchases of compact discs, according to a survey. Sales of downloads rose as Apple Inc.'s iTunes became the second-largest music retailer.

About 48 percent of teenagers didn't buy a CD last year, up from 38 percent in 2006, Port Washington, N.Y.-based researcher NPD said yesterday.

Compact disc sales declined 19 percent in the United States last year, according to Nielsen SoundScan, which tracks retail sales. Downloads and mobile ringtones weren't enough to make up for the drop. Apple's iTunes store became the second-biggest seller of music in 2007 after Wal-Mart Stores Inc., passing Best Buy Co. and Target Corp., NPD said.