Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imagine no reality shows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Imagine no reality shows

I really detest the reality shows and such, but this kid might be worth following. At 17, you have to be pretty good to pull off Lennon.

Is there any show that any of you can't do without or love to hate???
    Last edited by strumsalot; March 1st, 2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Couldn't get the clip to embed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strumsalot

Nope.
    I can live w/o any TV, and I don't have time to hate..........
    That singer's not bad, tho.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never watched a complete half hour or hour of a reality show. Never watched a complete talent show (ie: American Idol). I am one of the few who walk this earth that have not seen one minute of Dallas during its run or reruns.

My TV, when watched consists mainly of Discovery and the History Channel, PBS, News, music shows like the ones on VH1 Classics, some sports, and love Seinfeld reruns.

My TV consumption may average 30 to 45 minutes per day.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Watching TV cuts out my computer time so I don't watch it much except from 6 pm to 7 pm when two episodes of The Rifleman is on and I just can't miss watching the reruns of which I've seen all of them several times over.

Seriously I don't watch much TV but the RFD channel has some good music shows from time to time and I like the Ralph Emory interviews with different stars. Crook and Chase is back on now and it's usually entertaining.
    Washburn J28SCE Cumberland
    Washburn D10S
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday
    Friends Are Cherished Music Is Pleasure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    My TV, when watched consists mainly of Discovery and the History Channel, PBS, News

Same here. I do like that show How's It Made on the Discovery Channel.

BTW, your Cavs recently made a good trade, don't you think?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, your Cavs recently made a good trade, don't you think?
    It should pay off. I wasn't sure about West (point guard), but he seems like a good addition. When Gibson comes back, they will have a good core of outside shooters. You can already see LeBron starting to take advantage of being able to push the ball up court and being a little more free of the opponents defense.

Sorry for the OT, but hit on a subject I couldn't pass up. I guess it sort of answers the sports I watch.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

i'm not much of a tv fan.....haven't watched a sitcom in over 10 years

on the reality tv side i don't think i would like them either....except....

on bravo there is a series called top chef....having been a chef in a previous life i do enjoy that show....not for all the drama crap and personal dynamics but to see what cool foods they come up with with limited time and/or unusual foods and budgets.... :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

All I watch is RaveHD for the Soundstage performances and Jools Holland. I will occasionally watch VH1C and MonstersHD - oh, and Curb Your Enthusiasm any time it's on!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch much T.V., but I do pay extra so that I can get Versus and watch hockey.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I got rid of cable over two years ago and couldn't be happier. Netflix is great though.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

This is really interesting - Fretters must make up some kind of strange Twilight Zone demographic... I was expecting to read lots of posts about things I have no idea about, much less have seen. We haven't watched TV for years now - reception is nil where we live, and as (cheap) Yankee, I was damned if I was going to PAY for TV (especially when I learned that there were ads on cable, too!). Now, I marvel at how I ever had time to spend that way; I always have better things to do. +1 for Netflicks, though, as we do enjoy the occasional movie.

I would guess that at least in part, having music as an interest provides something deeply satisfying which generally raises one's expectations about life and the way time should be used .

Post Thanks / Like

At 17, you have to be pretty good to pull off Lennon.

I seen that one.. this is the first year I am actually watching American Idol.. and enjoying it..

They say he is the one to beat.. The young man sounds very good and comes across well. I enjoy the show.

Other than that..

I always have TCM on for old movies.. love the channel.

Then Court/Tru TV and CNN Nancy Grace.. she would be the person you hate to watch.. I think she is an idiot ..
    so I enjoy yelling at her as I watch it..(speaking of idiots..ohwell )

Also, have small netflix and blockbuster accounts to get the latest movies...
    Sometimes one or the other has the new releases on hold so it's nice having both.

:

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never watched a complete half hour or hour of a reality show. Never watched a complete talent show (ie: American Idol). I am one of the few who walk this earth that have not seen one minute of Dallas during its run or reruns.

My TV, when watched consists mainly of Discovery and the History Channel, PBS, News, music shows like the ones on VH1 Classics, some sports, and love Seinfeld reruns.

Ditto Stum- although I have been known to catch a DIY show from time to time.like OG I've no time plus hate is not in my vocabulary however dislike is
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

CSI is my primary weakness...but we do watch Big Brother and Survivor.....Survivor I have watched the last 3 seasons regularly...this is the first time I have ever watched Big Brother....the couples thing just caught my interest.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch tons of TV, and when I do, it's usually on a cable channel. I do enjoy a few reality shows. Iron Chef America is always cool, because you see awesome talent at work. The other reality shows I sometimes watch because I get perverse pleasure and amusement watching some of the goofy things people do to each other.

Other than that, I'm either on thefret or watching what Mrs. Kat has on. We spend alot of time with the TV as background noise while we're chasing Baby Kat around the house.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

hey kat...if you like iron chef check out this upcoming season of top chef on bravo channel....starts in the next couple of weeks...

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't watch reality shows much, though I might check in once in a while with the Apprentice. As far as TV generally, Thurs night soaps with my wife (Gray's Anatomy, ER), Brothers and Sisters on Sunday, and PBS Soundstage or Austin City Limits on Fridays are about the only fairly regular things. Guitar and this place took the place of most of my former TV time.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

There is one show...Mrs. Spud came home from the video store with 3 DVD's that were part of the first season of Lost. I didn't watch the first episode but I was kind of listening to it and when she started the second episode I started watching and have been completely hooked since.

I think it is one of the best written shows of all time. It has some of everything and I mean all aspects of the human condition, adventure, mystery and a liberal dose of physics.

We rented the first 3 seasons and watched each episode in bliss with nary a disruption except for the bathroom thing. No commercials. These writers keep me guessing and surprising me with every episode. Just when I think I understand something they throw in a completely unexpected twist. Brilliant!

We don't do the cable thing so now we watch very little regular television. It's usually just movies we rent. There is just too many other fun things to do in life than sit on our butts like rocks being passively entertained. We prefer to experience or own reality show.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    hey kat...if you like iron chef check out this upcoming season of top chef on bravo channel....starts in the next couple of weeks...

ww
    That's one of the other ones we watch. Good thing Bravo reruns the shows at different times. It should be a good season...:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast