Thread: It Figures I'm Up

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It Figures I'm Up

How often does this happen to you:

Every day this week I overslept and was running late for work. All week I longed for the opportunity to sleep in and today I get up at 5:00 AM

I'll get a little playing in (unplugged, damn I need to get headphones), but I so badly wanted to sleep to 8:00 or 9:00.:
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Same boat Strummer......but I have been up since 4.....well I think you are on Eastern time so that means we got up at the same time.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Two days in a row. Today I am up at 5:00 AM.

I can't believe it. A week of over sleeping and the desire to sleep in - AND I'M UP AT 5:00AM!!!

Well, only one solution - buy headphones so I can play guitar.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I could have kept sleeping, but the kids get up regardless, usually by 6:30. At least today, I got them to go back to sleep until 7.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Well, I could have kept sleeping, but the kids get up regardless, usually by 6:30. At least today, I got them to go back to sleep until 7.
    My kids are 16 and 18, so it's me going around the house to keep the noise down, although I should take the opportunity to pay them back for all the years they would wake me up.

My son starts his new job today at Noon and I figured I would let him sleep. I also didn't want to wake up my daughter because she's a pain when she gets up. About 10:30 a friends parents pull up and drop her off. Here she was at a church lock-in with a bunch of friends. I keep telling her if she keeps up with her attitude she's going from lock-in to lock-up.

She walks in the door and announces she didn't sleep last night and she thinks I'm not going to plug in the guitars - WRONG!!!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    She walks in the door and announces she didn't sleep last night and she thinks I'm not going to plug in the guitars - WRONG!!!

Sounds like a natural consequences lesson. Turn up the overdrive and distortion pedals and dime it!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson