Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Queensryche: "Queen of the Reich"

Thread: Queensryche: "Queen of the Reich"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Queensryche: "Queen of the Reich"

I just loves me some old Queensryche. "Operation Mindcrime" is my favorite album ever. This one is earlier than that, from their eponymous EP. The video is as campy as all outdoors, but man does the song rock.

Which reminds me, I really need to get "Operation Livecrime" on DVD.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I always liked Silent Lucidty. It seemed to be the moment they seen the powers that be.

Post Thanks / Like

QOTR was what turned me on to Queensryche. I got the EP when it came out. Can you say Nightrider or Lady Wore Black? I knew you could.
    The Spud house loves Queensryche.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Marnold, you crack me up Rev. Rock.
    How old were you when you got turned on to "the devils music" ?
    Did you want to be a pastor then.. I'm not being a wise guy, these questions are honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, Queenryche is/was such a great band! I love them and the duo of Wilton and DeGarmo was one of the best there was at that time.

I rmembmer being 16 or 17 years old on flight back from New York to Frankfurt, Germany. i had my Sony Walkman with me and sacrificed the last battery power to rewind my Queensryhce mix tape so that I could listen to "Walk in the shadows" when the Jumbo started to take off. Crazy, he? I longed for that very moment the whole day long.

I liked them a lot until DeGarmo left, after hat they started getting more average.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Marnold, you crack me up Rev. Rock.
    How old were you when you got turned on to "the devils music" ?
    Did you want to be a pastor then.. I'm not being a wise guy, these questions are honest.
    I was a freshman in high school. I was attending one of my church body's prep schools whose primary purpose is to train future pastors and teachers. I had grown up listening to my Mom's 50s stuff (not bad), Oak Ridge Boys (OK), and Barry Manilow/The Lettermen (soul-crushing). No wonder I turned to metal. I consciously avoided stuff that was even outwardly Satanic. For example, I stayed away from Crue's "Shout at the Devil" album for that purpose, even though I knew their "Satanism" was a fake marketing ploy. Of course, I also feel they jumped the shark after "Too Fast for Love," but that's me. Celtic Frost was right out. Basically, you won't catch me listening to black/death metal. Theological reasons aside, I'm just not that angry of a guy.

A classmate of mine had a massive stereo on which I heard my first two metal albums: Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" and Dokken's "Tooth and Nail." My musical tastes were never the same after that. Of course, I also believe that a Bach chorale is some of the most powerful music ever written.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles
    I always liked Silent Lucidty. It seemed to be the moment they seen the powers that be.
    I prefer their heavier stuff. I probably wouldn't mind Lucidity so much if I didn't hear it a bajillion times on the radio.

I heard "Empire" on the radio for the first time in a LONG time the other day. I used to loathe that song for the same reason. I think it's been long enough since I heard it that I liked it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Great band. Ten layers deeper than most.

Every 12 string owner should know The Lady Wore Black

Here's another GREAT song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvGyokze54
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

I didn't hear ya, there was something bluesy in my ear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I prefer their heavier stuff. I probably wouldn't mind Lucidity so much if I didn't hear it a bajillion times on the radio.

I heard "Empire" on the radio for the first time in a LONG time the other day. I used to loathe that song for the same reason. I think it's been long enough since I heard it that I liked it again.

Yeah true! Same with I Don't Believe in Love. BTW who's that in your avatar. I seen that guitar in a video on VH1 classic the other day. He did a solo then got grabbed up by a demon in it:
    Last edited by Skittles; March 2nd, 2008 at 06:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

"Eyes of a Stranger" and "Speak" are two of my all time favorite tunes. I really dig the video as well. Full of campy goodness!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    QOTR was what turned me on to Queensryche. I got the EP when it came out. Can you say Nightrider or Lady Wore Black? I knew you could.
    The Spud house loves Queensryche.
    I wore out a cassette copy of OoTR when I was in high school. I played that EP so much I got sick of it in a hurry. It has been a long time since I've heard it, maybe I should give it a listen again.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles
    Yeah true! Same with I Don't Believe in Love. BTW who's that in your avatar. I seen that guitar in a video on VH1 classic the other day. He did a solo then got grabbed up by a demon in it:
    That's my hero, George Lynch. Actually, he got grabbed by Freddy. The video you are referring to is the one to "Dream Warriors."