Thread: PayPal User Question

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PayPal User Question

For those of you that use PayPal to receive payment, can someone explains to me how it works? If someone pays me through PayPal, how do I actually receive the money?

Reading the PayPal site, all I can tell is they send me an e-mail, but how does the money actually get to me?

It's probably a dumb question, but I can not find the answer.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

You have to link a bank account to your paypal account. Takes at least a few days for confirmation. They take a fair percentage too.
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

I didn't hear ya, there was something bluesy in my ear

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an account for paying for items and I went on to set up for accepting payment. When I completed putting in the e-mail address to be used and my e-bay account sign on name, then there was a pop up that stated I was set-up. It never asked me for an account number.

My ad shows pay by PayPal preferred, so I have no idea what's going on. I guess I will see if I can get a hold of someone tomorrow.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Any funds you receive go into your "paypal account", just like it's a bank account. Look for the "transfer funds" link to get it from paypal into your associated bank account.
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked.

Once logged into paypal look for "withdraw" then "transfer to bank account".
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Dread is right, whenever somebody pays you for something, it goes directly into you Paypal account. With the stuff that I've sold on eBay, it's instantaneous (within a few minutes), now if I want to transfer funds from my Paypal account to my bank account, that's a different story, that might take 2 or 3 business days.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to consider applying for a Paypal debit card (it's free), that way you have instant access to your Paypal funds just like you have with your regular checking account.
    Ray
    www.southforkmtnmusic.com

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere, than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen

Post Thanks / Like

Got it, thanks guys.
    Mark