Thread: Jaron Rovensky

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jaron Rovensky

http://www.jaronrovensky.com/

This guy is a friend of mine from around here (Alberta). I made his website last year, and I thought you guys might want to check him out. He's got some mp3s under "music", and on the Live album, you can hear me and my Mesa Boogie gear. (I sold that gear because I didn't really like the sound, plus it was dang heavy)

Let me know what you think of Jaron and his music. He's really good at boogie woogie piano. I'll likely be playing a bit with him this year. He's got a new CD made, and he's having a few CD release parties planned.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, what's up - not ONE reply here? Is it that bad?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

It's really good stuff Robert, I didn't see this thread 'til just now. Nice website too.
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; April 3rd, 2006 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff,,,reminds of Blues Traveler
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good robert....i love good piano playing....and you had a lot of diverse tones and styles on there yourself....nice job.

What guitars were you using?

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I was using a Fender Lone Star strat with Texas Special single coils, and a Pearly Gates humbucker in the bridge position (or so I was told). Frankly, I didn't like the sound.

There was another guitar player on that live recording - his sound is very different. He's got a "harder" tone than me. Me, I'm just a softy!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Robert. He sounds pretty good to me. I would buy his album without a second thought. I guess you can't listen to all his songs. the system only allows one each.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Hey Robert. He sounds pretty good to me. I would buy his album without a second thought. I guess you can't listen to all his songs. the system only allows one each.
    tim....i listened to several songs (all of them from the live cd)

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I will go back and check later tonight.

Warren - did you check your PM mail box?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.