Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Robert Plant says no

Thread: Robert Plant says no

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Robert Plant says no

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/s...8487-20337451/

Robert Plant has turned down an extra £100million fortune to take Led Zeppelin on a world tour.

The rock legend wants to concentrate on his new partnership with US country singer Alison Krauss...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

But...BUT...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I was already saving money to go see them!!

Maybe he'll change his mind after he finishes touring with Alison Krauss. It would be kinda rude of him to announce a world tour with Led Zeppelin while he was touring with her. I think it MIGHT overshadow her a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping for a tour! Mhhh, it's kind of coold that he denies the money, Ithink that shows that it's all about the music for him.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

i love Led Zep too, but if I were Plant I'd rather make new music with Krauss and ESPECIALLY Marc Ribot than do a nostalgic jukebox tour with Page.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see...look at wrinkled old band mates every night or...tour with hot multitalented babe? Hmmmm.

BABE gets my vote.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Let's see...look at wrinkled old band mates every night or...tour with hot multitalented babe? Hmmmm.

BABE gets my vote.:
    excellent point Spud. I'd rather look at AK all night than Page and JP Jones. plus if the Crossroads tv thing was any indication, that band is working up some VERY interesting re-interpretations of Zeppelin songs. i can't blame Plant for wanting to do something new with his old material, and again, if you asked me if i wanted to play with Page or Ribot I'd take about half a second to choose the latter.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

One of the worse concerts I ever seen or most disappointed was when page and plant got back together and was doing that India music thang... yuck..
    time marches on..
    So.. Krauss sounds like the better deal for sure!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see...look at wrinkled old band mates every night or...tour with hot multitalented babe?
    not a very tough decision.... :

i enjoyed the crossroads show....i wonder if it is on dvd?

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know......................................

Truckloads of money pretty much trumps artistic purity on any given day.

He's holding out...........................
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT!?!! Where's my cell phone I'm calling that Percy up right now!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    Truckloads of money pretty much trumps artistic purity on any given day.
    only if you need the money....

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just speculating here. I haven't heard his work with Allison yet but I've been saying all this time that Bob probably feels that his vocal range is even more limited than it ever was before. It's very hard for him to sing those Zeppelin songs in the keys they were originally recorded in so everyone detuned to compensate on the London show right. I speculate that he's not completely comfortable trying to sing those songs anymore so he doesn't want to do a world tour because of that reason. This is my theory anyway.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    I'm just speculating here. I haven't heard his work with Allison yet but I've been saying all this time that Bob probably feels that his vocal range is even more limited than it ever was before. It's very hard for him to sing those Zeppelin songs in the keys they were originally recorded in so everyone detuned to compensate on the London show right. I speculate that he's not completely comfortable trying to sing those songs anymore so he doesn't want to do a world tour because of that reason. This is my theory anyway.
    yeah that....and allison is hot :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    yeah that....and allison is hot :

ww
    Could be. Looks like he's trying to scam in this photo.....

Post Thanks / Like

God, he looks like her grandpa. Still...I'd try to hit it. Her -not him.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you clarified the "hitee"

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, there's nothing wrong with looking like her grandpa. You can get away with a lot being a dirty old man (oh, he's just a harmless old man...), but being a middle-aged grabber is considered sexual harassment. But, as Fred Sanford used to say, "I'm a dirty old man and I'm gonna be a dirty old man til I'm a dead old man!" :

And, YES Allison is HOT!
    Last edited by bigoldron; March 6th, 2008 at 06:15 AM.