Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: jumped on the lessons bandwagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    In order to send Warren off on his Rockin' extravaganza on a great note, I encourage the Fret to lift a Single malt \_/ or two \_/ \_/ in his honor.
    thank you tot...and what a coincidence....i'm doing the same as we speak....or is that type?" : \_/

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    thank you tot...and what a coincidence....i'm doing the same as we speak....or is that type?" : \_/

ww
    I dunno, are you mumbling to yourself yet?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, are you mumbling to yourself yet?
    i am not mumbbllliinnngggt ottoo mmmyyselllffff.....rrreeeaaallllllyyyyy

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

i am not mumbbllliinnngggt ottoo mmmyyselllffff.....rrreeeaaallllllyyyyy

ww
    meie Neeephurrrr.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

warren, that's great. here's a friday night toast to ya with my beer.

the sonbyproxy is up again, and he and shiner are drinking...

[goes to other room to get spelling right... hold on a sec]

[brings bottle to mousepad]

lagavulin to ya, brother!

here's to friday night and the little moments that lessons bring to ya!

k
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    [goes to other room to get spelling right... hold on a sec]

[brings bottle to mousepad]

Great choice!!

Next it's Laphroig & Ardbeg!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

yummy....thanks! \_/

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Great choice!!

Next it's Laphroig & Ardbeg!
    yep....it's all good! \_/ :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

warren, that's great. lagavulin to ya, brother!
    you had to go mention lagavulin....so i had to go pick up a nice bottle of the 16 year old lag....it's all your fault cb (and sonbyproxy and shiner too)

but i sure am enjoying it! now if i just had some buffalo burgers with fresh mozzerrella...oh wait thats another thread isn't it? :

ww

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

you had to go mention lagavulin....so i had to go pick up a nice bottle of the 16 year old lag....it's all your fault cb (and sonbyproxy and shiner too)

but i sure am enjoying it! now if i just had some buffalo burgers with frsh mozzerrella...oh wait thats another thread isn't it? :

ww
    You know Shiner has been drinking so much lately he's seeing double, he only thinks he has a 12 string acoustic.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

You know Shiner has been drinking so much lately he's seeing double, he only thinks he has a 12 string acoustic.
    now that's funny....i don't care who you are!

guess if i keep on drinking i can mark a nice 12 string off my gas list!

ww

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Warrren,

Did you have your first lesson today?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

aaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh....just got a call from my buddy at the music store and he mistakingly gave me a lesson time that was already taken....now i have to wait until tuesday (instead of monday) for my lessons.... :

trying now to decide whether to take the les paul or the telecaster!

ww
    naw.....see above....lessons got moved to tuesday so my first lesson is tomorrow!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

naw.....see above....lessons got moved to tuesday so my first lesson is tomorrow!

ww
    Well, I will say have a good time, enjoy, and this journey will now take a new path. Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

My first lesson was a meet and greet, but it provided me with even more desire and enjoyment.:
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I will say have a good time, enjoy, and this journey will now take a new path. Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

My first lesson was a meet and greet, but it provided me with even more desire and enjoyment.:
    thanks man....i am looking forward to it!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

ok....i had my first lesson today! it was great....we talked a little bit about music and what i wanted from the lessons. then he mapped out two scale progressions for me (pentatonic) that moved up and down the fretboard instead of staying in one box....the "e minor/g major" and "a minor/c major"

we then put on appropriate backing tracks and played over them using the scale progressions. it felt great actually playing up and down the neck instead of up and down a little box!!

i am actually feeling some excitement again! we are going to start working on some santana, pink floyd and maybe even some lynard skynard type licks next lesson!

after the lesson i was hanging out with my friend ron (the owner) who both tim and iago have met and i was telling him that now that i was living in a townhouse cranking amps and playing late at night were tough so we started looking at modeling guitar processors....well....i ended up leaving with a digitech rp250

i am going to play with it this week and see if i want to get it or not. one thing i like about it is that you use knobs to adjust settings instead of little push buttons!....the beauty is that i am finally redoing his website so i can barter it as part of the payment (same way i am getting my lessons). it is a pretty cool setup with usb connectivity that interfaces with garage band and also has a line in so i can play backing tracks from my ipod through it to practice with.

if i like it i will probably sell the vox ad30vt and run this through a cab when i don't want to use headphones....anyway enough rambling....i'm off to practice and play with my new toy!

the first step has been taken!! :
    ww

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great - renewed enthusiasm and a new toy.:
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great - renewed enthusiasm and a new toy.:
    yep...it was a good day!

i also forgot one thing...the instructor i'm taking lessons from hosts a jam for his students at his place once a month...a casual get together where you can practice playing with others of a varied skill level...i will probably go to the first one and just observe but in time i hope to be up there joining in the jam!! :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Hot D@mn! Warren...very cool indeed! :
    I pick a moon dog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast