Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jumped on the lessons bandwagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Hot D@mn! Warren...very cool indeed! :
    yeah i'm psyched!...a good day music wise for me for sure!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, that is really cool Warren! We are both involved in some similar areas in lessons. I also am working on those patterns up and down the neck. Similar songs too. Lots of fun!! I am glad it sounds like you are having the kind of fun I am having.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

thanks steve...i'm really glad i am taking this step...maybe we can get together someday and put our newly acquired lessons to use...although i must warn you that as a floridian i have only snow skied once and it wasn't pretty!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That would be great. WRT the skiing, that's ok, fun in the sun is the name of the game. I am just a surfer wannabe, so if I come your way, I can be the newb.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    That would be great. WRT the skiing, that's ok, fun in the sun is the name of the game. I am just a surfer wannabe, so if I come your way, I can be the newb.
    funny thing is even though i have lived in florida forever i have never surfed....my parents were more of a lake and river type....started water skiing when i was 5 which no doubt didn't help me when i tried to snow ski!

we could learn to surf together!

ww

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well I love to waterski (started young, but not that young, still love it, you FLA cypress gardens types would probably kick my butt), and drink beer, so along with guitars, we have enough to keep us busy. ;-) Oh, and I would enjoy learning surfing together too. We could wear those "Old guys rule!" T-shirts. LOL!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Well I love to waterski (started young, but not that young, still love it, you FLA cypress gardens types would probably kick my butt), and drink beer, so along with guitars, we have enough to keep us busy. ;-) Oh, and I would enjoy learning surfing together too. We could wear those "Old guys rule!" T-shirts. LOL!!
    lol...i have skied only once in the past several years....my whole body ached afterward....hope to do more of it this year!
    i've still got my "old guys rule" t-shirt so i am ready to go!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

well i have been practicing the scales i learned during my first lesson and it is great being able to move up and down the neck of my guitar while playing (so many more options for improvising). I am definately excited....i played along to backing tracks and also to the built in drums on my rp250 (which i am enjoying...i started a new thread about it).

i'm really glad i finally started taking lessons...can't wait for my next one!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome news, Warren... Lessons will unlock a lot of doors for your playing.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Warren, i am so thrilled for you!!!

y'all are depressing me, tho... i adore snow skiing... i adore water skiing... and my jet ski and i 'in the day' were One.

now i don't dare doing any of that...

[enough of that] yay, Warren!
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

been doing a lot more practicing now that i have the digitech rp250 and at my second lesson learned a couple of albert king licks in box 2 and have been feeling more comfortable working my way around the fretboard!

i have a long way to go but i have seen more improvement in my playing after two lessons than in the last year!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Alright you guys are making me jealous.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Warren I am in Orlando too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coachj
    Warren I am in Orlando too!
    cool....i'm actually in winter springs/tuskawilla

i see you coach youth soccer....my daughter plays with cfu

oh yeah...to stay on topic....are you familiar with ron's music shack? corner of 436 and howell branch....he's a good friend and that's where i am taking lessons! I am really enjoying my lessons! :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

436 and Howell branch. I'll have to drop by.

My daughter plays for IUS (yep long drive). I have coached for CFU, IUS, FSA and East Orange.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coachj
    436 and Howell branch. I'll have to drop by.
    cool....tell him warren sent you (he'll feel sorry for you and give you a good deal!)

ww

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123