Sorry I'm late to the party. I get lost in here sometimes.

Everyone's got good advice so I don't know how much more I can add. SVL's guitar is definitely seeing the effects of low humidity. Here's a quick list of low humidity related problems:

1.) Sunken top - A "flat top" guitar isn't actually flat. The top and back are radius-ed, meaning that they are like guitar shaped sections cut out of a big ball. When humidity gets low wood shrinks, primarily in the cross-grain direction. That means the width of a guitars top tries to get smaller. First it flattens out (loses it's dome shape), then the area between the soundhole and bridge dips down

2.) Cracks - If left dry long enough the top cracks along the grain. This is because the sides are holding the edges of the top while it shrinks so it gives somewhere in the middle, like a paper towel being pulled apart by the edges.

3.) Humped neck - When overly dry the fretboard (and to some extent, the neck) wood shrinks too. The hump where the fretboard meets the body isn't actually high, it's the rest of the fretboard/neck that has gotten low. The area in question stays high because the heel is under it and that makes more wood that would have to dry out before deforming.

4.) Neck warps, twists, bows, etc.... - Wood is a dynamic material and no two pieces are alike. When over dried (or, to a lesser extent over humidified) it can do all kinds of unexpected things. If the grain curves ever so slightly then drying it out could cause exaggeration of that curve. These issues aren't especially common in comparison to the three above so I won't go on and on.

The cure for all of this (if the instrument hasn't developed a permanent defect) is simply - add moisture (as noted in previous posts). This can be done by either adding humidity to the room that the guitar lives in or adding humidity to it in it's case (room humidifier vs. case humidifier). The trick is to be patient and add moisture slowly. Several weeks is typical so don't be discouraged after a week.

Taylor guitars are built with especially thin tops (lending to their signature sound) and that's why they must be cared for especially well. A lot of people bash Taylors for this reason but it's not fair. Thin tops are a way of pushing the envelope and, just like with cars, if you're going to go high performance there are extra precautions. Speaking of Taylor, here's Bob Taylor himself explaining about humidity in guitars - http://www.taylorguitars.com/see-hear/ Watch the video called "Humidity: The Symptoms". If you look around there there is also a video called "Understanding Humidity" - both are must see material.

SVL - if re-humidification doesn't fix your hump you'll have to consider having the frets (at least the few at the neck/body) leveled and crowned. It's not too expensive, as long as the rest of the frets are in reasonable condition a luthier or tech can probably lower the offending frets for less than $50.

I didn't hear any open string buzzing in your (very pleasing) recording but if you say it's there I believe you. Do this check - Hold down the low E string at the 3rd fret and look how close the string comes to the top of the second fret. You should be able to just slide a piece of paper between them (about .005"). If it's too close to see tap on the string above the second fret wire and listen for a "clinking" sound. If you hear it there's clearance and your nut slot is fine. Repeat this on all six strings. If your nut slots are indeed low (strings touching the second fret during this test) let us know and we'll hook ya up with some DIY nut raising info.

I may add more later after I re-read this and see what I forgot. LOL