Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Go Organic Camrose gig March 06 2008

Thread: Go Organic Camrose gig March 06 2008

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Go Organic Camrose gig March 06 2008

Our duo, Fundamental Things, had a great little gig last night. We played before and after dinner at an organic foods conference.

Great food and great audience. Myra and I winged a few totally new songs for us that we've never played before. We even got a guy from the audience up on a couple of songs; he was a great musician and performer and was really funny. It was a GOOD night!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Myra looks different somehow - better
    Good to hear that you had a successful gig.

What kind of music has the other guy played and where there people in the audience interested in your music?

When I was playing in a duo at parties and banquttes we always had someone in the audience telling us that he also plays guitar or sings...and we had to answer equipment questions then...
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

The other guy played bluegrass in comedy way. Singing about cleaning products and what not. Very funny actually. He also played a blues about cows.

People were coming up and saying they really appreciated our music.

We did some new stuff - Fields of Gold, Waiting For The World To Change, Heart Of Gold, People Get Ready, and a Dylan song. I enjoyed it. I had good tone from my Hellhound with my DD-20. I found the DD-20 helped to make my sound bigger, which is helpful in a duo.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice set! Yeah, that is different stuff, and seems appropriate for the event. You guys look good! I would love to hear your cover of "Heart of Gold" as you know that was my first song I chose to learn for myself (not assigned by teacher). The other songs would be fun to hear too. Did you play some tasty leads (screaming solos from your amph) on the Mayer number, or a more mellow version?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve. The Mayer number was only strumming by me, a mellow version I guess you could say. I need to get Myra to learn the chords on that one. We often simplify songs just so they work for our duo format.

Post Thanks / Like

"People Get Ready" is an awesome tune. I'll bet the crowd really enjoyed that set list. Looks like y'all had a fun time!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was a great little gig! Hope we get many more of this kind. Myra sings Eva Cassidy stuff brilliantly. I'm so lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps you could work in a short bit of tasty lead-work while Myra strums into the duo.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I do fair bit of lead work on the blues songs. I am hoping we can incorporate my JamMan a bit in the stuff we do. We just need more time to get practiced up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Yeah, I do fair bit of lead work on the blues songs. I am hoping we can incorporate my JamMan a bit in the stuff we do. We just need more time to get practiced up.
    :
    Yeah, I thought you've posted clips before.

The JamMan is a great idea...now go practice .
    I pick a moon dog.