Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me out.

Post Thanks / Like

Snowblind, first, welcome to The Fret. Now, what is it about the Raptor's pickups that make you want to swap them out? Tone's suggestion about a pre-amp (it's MXR by the way) is a good one if they sound a little weak to you. In addition to the MXR "Micro Amp,", there is the old DoD Bi-FET Pre-Amp. These can usually be found used for about $25.00. Either of these pre-amps will perk up the stock Peavey pickups.

BTW, you mention single coil for the blues. Why? You can do blues quite well with 'buckers. Just ask BB King! Or Freddie King. Or Albert King. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Well, All the pickups are useless except for the humbucker. Im not exagerating. They just cant be used, its the most annoying sound ever. Aswell, I cannot get a good clean sound at all. When I play clean, it actually hurts my ears listening to any of the settings. But I bet with switching amps the guitar will sound much better. My amp is a kustom KGA10 BTW.

Thanks again for all your replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo65
    HEHE,,Think about it,,,faucets for volume and tone knobs,,,sink drains for pickup covers,,,,soap dispenser for pickup selection switch,,,LOL!!!
    Hot for the volume & cold for the tone knob. I'm sure that someone has made a novelty guitar like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12