Thread: Nils red hot solo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nils red hot solo

Critics and fans alike have been heard to observe that Springsteen doesn't give Nils as much spotlight as he deserves given how well he can play. On the current tour he's given Nils the assignment of flaming solo at the end of Because the Night, which Bruce typically plays. Based on what we saw in Hamilton earlier this week, and on this video, seems like it was a good idea. See what you think.
    http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html
    BTW, the Hamilton show was fantastic. The Stevie and Bruce duelling guitars at the end of Gypsy biker was very powerful, as was Bruce's stinging Tele playing in an extended version of Kitty's back.
    We got to go to the E-Street Lounge and there met Little Steven, shook hands, etc., and no, didn't get pictures. Very cool though.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

I never been a fan of Nils Lofgren but this solo sounds really cool..
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009