Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SX SST Floyd

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys : I'll be sure to do an update once we've become better acquainted.

Duff.....I did lower the bridge pup and it has helped blend the sound in with the singles. When I change the strings next time, I think I will also connect the bridge pup to the tone control to take away some of the harshness.

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Rock´N´Roll!

The 80´s will be back anytime now..
    6! 66! The number of the beast! sacrifice, is going on tonight!!(mad solo here) : : :
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

GG, nice badass axe you got there! :

So how are you liking it since you've had it a few months now?

I've got mine apart and never got around to installing a replacement Floyd as I had planned. I guess I'll put her back together this weekend. I've never had good luck setting up FR bridges from scratch, but what the hell...

ROCK ON!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Trem,

I am still loving my SST but have not had a lot of time to play recently. Been busy with work and a few home projects that needed to be done. The good news is work slows down in the summer and I plan on getting in some quality playing time soon!

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guitar Gal

I have a solution for loose whammy bars that screw in: wrap some plumbers teflon tape around the threads and screw it in. This works great for me and the result is really noticable when it comes to slight movments of the bar.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Duffy,

That sounds like a great idea! Wish I had thought of it before I took my Floyd off. I got a good FLoyd from a friend recently so I plan on getting mine back together soon. My hybrid guitar is ALMOST done and has been consuming most of my free time lately.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12