So I walked into Guitar Center last night to buy strings, and I walked out with a new Jagmaster. I'm a weak, weak consumer.

As I was taking the tags off and removing the film from the pickguard, I noticed this odd little sticker on the heel plate:

Here's a closer look:

It's a trash can with an X through it. I can only interpret it to mean "Don't throw this guitar away." Hell of a thing to find on my nice shiny new axe. What am I supposed to think here? Do I really need a sticker telling me not to throw my guitar in the trash? It seems hardly necessary; I mean, everybody knows how great Squiers have gotten.

But it's not just Squier. It's Fender in general. I did some poking around on Elderly's site. Here's the same sticker on a Baja Tele and an American Series Deluxe Strat. Kinda makes you wonder how much Fender stands behind their products, hm?

Since I'm planning on gigging with this guitar, I'm thinking I'd better leave the sticker on. Or else goodness knows what might happen.

"Where the hell is my guitar?"

"What?"

"Dude, my guitar. I left it right there on that stand when we finished our last set."

"Oh, yeah. The nice-looking one with the tortoiseshell pickguard? I threw it in the dumpster out back."

"You WHAT?"

"I threw it in the dumpster. What was I supposed to do? There wasn't a sticker on it."