Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
BYOC Lazy Sprocket (Boss SG-1 Slow Gear Clone)

Thread: BYOC Lazy Sprocket (Boss SG-1 Slow Gear Clone)

Post Thanks / Like

Default BYOC Lazy Sprocket (Boss SG-1 Slow Gear Clone)

At long last, I put together a BYOC Lazy Sprocket pedal. It's my first project of this kind and the first time I've used a soldering iron/pencil. Though I still have few adjustments to make, I tried the pedal and IT'S WORKING! I changed the value of the tantalum cap to 10uF (from the original original 0.68), as one of the users at BYOC forum suggested, and it's clearly working better - slower and longer swell. It is still a pretty subtile effect, but a sweet one.

I know, I know...pics or it didn't happen so here are two, for now:

Next I have to do some experimenting with adjusting the trim pot, and finally applying a finish and graphics of some sort to the enclosure. I will keep you posted, eventually I'll have some clips, too.

Cheers!
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

: Right on Adrian! :
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Tot. I still have some work to do, but knowing that it's working, it feels better.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

: : :

Looking good, especially for a first effort!

Now, how about a clip?? :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweeet Adrian:

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your support, guys. I'll post a clip as soon as I mess around a bit more with that trim pot. Based on the instructions, the trim pot needs to be adjusted as a final step. I'm just not sure how I like it yet. For chord work, I'm liking it with the trim pot set to max. But this setting isn't working that great for single notes - not enough swell. I've never owned a volume swell pedal, so I need to spend some time with it. Also, i read somewhere that this pedal works very well with a compressor, so i might try that as I'm messing with the trim pot.

In either instance, I'll post some "in progress" clips, soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Well,
    I really haven't done much, when it comes to experimenting with the settings (above). Anyway, I had a few minutes to myself, and recorded a few chords and a few single notes, to just give you an idea. Excuse both my senseless playing and the quality of the clip.

http://www.box.net/shared/cndlvwogsg

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting a "No shared files/folders found" error on that link, Adrian. Can you fix or repost? Would really like to hear how the pedal sounds....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep dvdm - me too :No shared files/folders found.
    Please email support@box.net for support
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb