Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Epiphone 'Slash' Les Paul

Thread: Epiphone 'Slash' Les Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epiphone 'Slash' Les Paul

http://www.epiphone.com/slash/

Looks like another nice offering from the folks at Epiphone. Can't see any prices listed online yet for this model. Comes standard with some fairly decent Seymour Duncan Alnico P/U's...
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Very sweet-looking guitar. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those.
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Washburn Idol 64 DL w/GFS Dream 180 pups
    Washburn X-33 w/GFS 60's-70's Grey Bottom Non Stagger Overwound
    Stagg G300 SG w/GFS Power Rails
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    http://www.epiphone.com/slash/

Looks like another nice offering from the folks at Epiphone. Can't see any prices listed online yet for this model. Comes standard with some fairly decent Seymour Duncan Alnico P/U's...
    MSRP for the Epi model is $1464, as stated on the Gibby site. Nice looking guitar. Figure street price, at a 25% discount off of MSRP to be around $1100.00, to around $980.00 at 33% off of MSRP.

Not that far off from an Elitist, in terms of price.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

According to Musicians Fiend it lists for $1165 and they sell it for $699.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

That would make sense, and put it in line with the other sig models that they have... Do you have a link? I couldn't find it at MF.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I don't have a link. It's in the newest catalog that they sent me.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, Stingx... Click on the link, and it says that the guitar is no longer available... That's certainly a bit confusing.

Go here: http://www.gibson.com/Slash/Epiphone...andardPlusTop/

and it shows the MSRP significantly higher. Do ya think that Gibson/Epiphone is doing a price hike on these guitars?
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

That is odd since I just received the Musicians Friend that advertises the guitar within the last couple of weeks. Gibson must have decided to up their price. However, Slash has said in interviews that he doesn't actually use Gibson Les Pauls anymore. His guitars are built by a luthier in California named MAX. They even put the Gibson logo on the headstock.
    Patrick

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I got to try one out a couple of months ago. They had one in a local shop.
    They were asking 800 dollars without a case. They are really just an Epiphone Standard with the open coil SD Alnico pickups. The neck is a 50s profile.
    They had a large sticker on the front of the guitar, but it was one of those plastic things like the oil change stickers that stick to your windshield without glue. It comes right off. There is a case that is sold separately.
    I think they released some then decided to re release them with the Gibson issue Slash guitar.
    They have it listed on the Web site now.
    http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?...CollectionID=6
    I see that they are including the case now. When I was first told of them they had the case as a separate item. I will admit that the store that had the guitar is usually about 20% more expensive than others so I usually don't buy there.
    Last edited by ZMAN; March 11th, 2008 at 06:25 AM.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumor has it Epi pulled back because they plan to bump the price higher due to the huge demand received on pre-orders. Some have already purchased and received this guitar overseas. I doubt very much you'll find these retailing for less than the USD 900 range.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Over $900 for a non-Elitist Epiphone? I hope people have enough sense to not buy it. I know they will though.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

kinda interesting there.what's this.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

That's weird. I got a Guitar Center Catalog yesterday with the Epiphone Slash model for $999 and today I got a Musicians Friend again with it advertised for $699. The Guitar Center version came with a strap, sun glasses, and a tophat. Those are some pretty expensive accessories.
    Patrick

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been two releases of this guitar. The first one came out before Christmas and was without a case. Now it seems it has been released again with a case and obviously some other items. The one I saw was going for around 800 Can. It did not include a case, that was extra.
    I would say if you get the whole package for 699 it would be a decent deal.
    999 is out of the question. It does have a different neck treament and the SD open coil pickups. So no changes "should" be necessary.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    That's weird. I got a Guitar Center Catalog yesterday with the Epiphone Slash model for $999 and today I got a Musicians Friend again with it advertised for $699. The Guitar Center version came with a strap, sun glasses, and a tophat. Those are some pretty expensive accessories.
    Especially since I saw at GC on Saturday that the catalog is incorrect. No top hat, but it does come with a poster.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Accesories...
    * Slash signature hard case
    * Numbered certificate of authenticity
    * Slash inspired strap
    * Slash signature picks
    * Slash autobiography hardback book

GC price is $999.99 - In store only.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Guitar Center's catalog advertises the accessory pack as his signature tophat, sunglasses, picks and a strap. How's that for a marketing ploy to lure in the 12-15 year old set. I can hear it now. Woah dude, you're just like Slash only without the talent, fame, or addictions. In your defense you do have far more acne.
    Patrick