Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What brand are these?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What brand are these?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What brand are these?

I was browsing through eBay for kicks, and saw some guitars that I figure are crud, but they looked interesting so I clicked to take a look.

The pictures aren't good enough to make out what brand they are. It's visible, so I don't think the guy selling them is intentionally trying to hide them, but he certainly didn't help, either. I've got an e-mail in to him to ask, but I thought I'd post them here as well:

A black tele
    A blueburst strat
    And another blueburst strat

Anyone able to identify them? Anyone who does gets a pancake! :
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Washburn Idol 64 DL w/GFS Dream 180 pups
    Washburn X-33 w/GFS 60's-70's Grey Bottom Non Stagger Overwound
    Stagg G300 SG w/GFS Power Rails
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

probably something made in china....just guessing....

and you kow the trick to good pancakes is how you make them (and what you choose to wear or not while making them) :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Kodiak,

You should contact them and see what they have to say.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/2ko...b.aspx?tabid=4
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    probably something made in china....just guessing....

and you kow the trick to good pancakes is how you make them (and what you choose to wear or not while making them) :

ww
    Well, Warren, I make waffles on Sunday monings for my wife and I, but I'm not going in to what I do or don't wear for her

And Strum, I do have an e-mail in to them. I'm just curious to see what they are. I kinda like that blueburst on the strat, but I figure the guitar is probably junk. Their site says the body is solid maple with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, but I'd like to read a review somewhere.
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak3D
    Well, Warren, I make waffles on Sunday monings for my wife and I, but I'm not going in to what I do or don't wear for her
    sounds like you might make waffles like i make pancakes! : just be careful if you are making bacon!!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Ow.
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Kodiak, be very careful.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, DAD! I'm just trying to find out what brand they are. Not ordering one.

(parents...)

Or did you mean about cooking waffles?
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

i'm guessing waffles...

ww

Post Thanks / Like

OK, the middle one is by Bridgecraft. The reviews on Harmony Central make it sound like it's a decent guitar to get to tinker with. Not an amazing guitar, but the reviews were better than I expected them to be. However, the reviews say it's a basswood body and the auction lists it as maple. I'm going to write them back and try to find out what the deal with that is.
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

National Music Supply also has some fair budget choices.

They also carry the usual big brands, but their budget brands are intriguing.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Waffles, I get something better than waffles when I come down.

Post Thanks / Like

They probably aren't worth your time my friend.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

I just couldn't make out the name on the headstock and was curious about them.

While they have a nice finish on them, I've read one too many mixed reviews to consider getting one. Some people like them and say they're very salvageable guitars. Others disagree heavily. One review even said he just came home one day and the neck had snapped while he was gone.

When I get one to tinker around with, it will be an SX.
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak3D
    When I get one to tinker around with, it will be an SX.
    don't count out a used mim tele....i love mine....

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    don't count out a used mim tele....i love mine....

ww
    Ditto what he said. Also right now there are some killer deals on THAT auction site on the Peavey Generation EXP Triples. Check them out. Very high quality guitars.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

In addition to used MIMs if you can try out Squiers some of those are certainly playable, though I tend to think an SX would be more bang for buck.

Another possibility are the 90's Peavey USA Tele and Strat copies, the Reactor and Predator. Based on my having a Predator and what I've seen from knowledgeable folks owning Reactors, these guitars compare favorably to the MIM Fenders of the same time period.

My Predator was $100 USD on ebay, with a few dings. I played it at my most recent side band show, which a few of the people here caught the webcast of.

These Peaveys are poplar, just like the 90's MIM Fenders were.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, eventually what I'd like to get to tinker with is a black strat with a solid alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. I'm willing to overlook the rosewood board on the SX 57 just because their maple neck has such a nice finish. Probably going to replace all the hardware and pickguard with black and toss some GFS premium alnicos in it.

Eventually, I want a black tele as well. Replace all the hardware with gold, and get some GFS vintage tele pickups to put in it.
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Kodiak had a Squier Strat that now for some reason is at my house??? Me thinks he didn't like her voice or something with her long neck???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast