Thread: Fat 50s pickup clip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fat 50s pickup clip

Please forgive the bad playing and recording. First time!

http://nowhereradio.com/sweetness/singles

Hope it works!

Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

I can't open the file! The WMP says it's an invalid format or something like that.. and you have to be a website's member to download the file..

Post Thanks / Like

It worked for me. Great tone, birv!
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Iago, I had the same problem when I tried to open it with Windows Media Player. Then I downloaded it and opened it with Windows Media Player and it played fine. Go figure.

Thanks for the compliment Adrian. When I hear it, I think 2 things: 1. God, that stinks. and 2. it doesn't sound half bad. I was very nervous, if that's an excuse.

I do agree about the tone, though. Those pickups really do sound nice. It has a great Strat sound in the 2 and 4 positions -- really quacky.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to hear this but it wont open for me either.

If you load your files to box.net you can make a public link to them and we all should be able to listen easily.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

See if this works:

http://www.box.net/shared/8bn078joks

and here's another one, without the voiceover (or under). Goes from pickup position 1 through 5.

http://www.box.net/shared/4nqwkijb4w

Post Thanks / Like

Much better! I can definitely feel the rounder low-end of these pickups. I liked the in-between positions a lot too.