Well time to report. All I can say is that with this internet this is a mighty small world.
After seeing the Icon series guitars at the Skewes web site I contacted the distributor in Canada, by email. He returned my email almost immediately with two locations that sold the guitar. I called the one that is in my Dad's hometown just down the road 1/2 hour. I was going to visit my Dad today anyway. They said that had two of them in stock. I had given the owner the model mumber.
I visited the store and unfortunately they had two but they were the darkburst and the Heritage Cherry in the icon series distressed models. They were VERY nice guitars. They also had two of the strat style in the icon series, one in Sunset sunburst that is more like a vintage burst, and one in vintage white with a mint green guard. They were also VERY nice. The distress level is more prevalent on the strats. The LPs were less distressed but were in an almost satin finish. The necks on the LPs were quite well done and the bodies were bound neck and body. I didn't get to plug them in because of time constraints but I was very impressed by the feel and finish on these guitar. The actions as is were quite low and no buzzes. I didn't like the strings but I would change them and get a pro set up done anyway. The fellow in the shop said that the reason they were selling them was the tone from the pickups.
The cost was 469 Can. for the LP and 429 for the Strats. That was without haggling. I am pretty sure I could get one for a little less.
My overall impression was that these are amazingly cool looking guitars. They have satin finish that really looks like an aged finish.
The lead time on the Peter Green model is 2 months as they are out of stock in Canada, but I have a hold on one when they come in.
If they sound anything like the youtube clip they are well worth the money.
I am lucky enough to have an empty Gibby les paul case that needs filling
You know that little HCherry distressed model is starting to get to me.