Thread: New Guitar in the house!

Hybrid View

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

did you get a chance to check out the video? I use D'Addario 9.5s on all my guitars. They are just a little thicker than a 9 but not a 10. I am a huge fan of Gary Moore and at first it didn't hit me about the Peter Green Lemon drop being Gary's old guitar. I was playing some of his stuff today and had a blast. I was using my new 08 Studio, and with my Fulltone pedals I can get pretty close.
    I will have to wait a couple of months to get mine but I think I will definitely pick one up.
    I have a really good tech who will set mine up for me just the way I like it.
    Oh yea. Does it fit into a standard LP case?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey ZMAN,

great video you sent me. The Vintage LD actually looks alot more beat up than the original . The main difference is the satin finish on the Vintage, you can see on that Video that Gary Moore's still has a glossy shine from his. Pictures of the Vintage can be deceptive, the wood grain and relicing can give the illusion of a shine in photographs but it's very much a satin finish. I guess this is what keeps the cost down.

This is my first LP so I can't say if it'll fit in standard LP case but I'd be very surprised if it didn't.

I'll have more to report soon.

Talk to ya later
    -Lev
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar